Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best coilovers for street & track use? And yes under $1000…

I’ve been looking for coilovers for my FiST for a while now, and I’ve been stuck on a bit of a budget. I’m keeping stock wheels but I also don’t want camber, but the possibility would be great. Does anyone have any recommendations for me to choose from? I don’t want a crazy drop but at least an inch? I have a steep driveway😅😅 I’m thinking about going on track at some point too

Attachments

Dialcaliper

You really don’t strictly need coilovers for the the track and the majority of cheap ones (under $1000) generally tend not to last more than a few years of hard use, and are more of a cosmetic (lowering) street mod than an actual performance one. Good coilovers for the track are going to cost a fair penny and are also a waste of money unless you’re running 200TW or lower tires.

A B6/Swift Spring or B14 setup might do just as well if not better if you’re on a budget and just doing HPDE events, as I assume that’s what you mean by “thinking of going to the track”

But really, unless your stock shocks are toast, no one says you can’t just run the stock setup for a while even on non-competitive track events.

Spend the money first on some good tires and a trackday, do a driver upgrade and maybe think about a sway bar, H&R camber bolts, some rear camber plates and a good alignment if you haven’t already. Negative camber less than 2 deg won’t be a problem on a daily driver

Once you’ve got a few track days under your belt, it’ll be more obvious what direction you might want to go for suspension upgrades.

Last edited:

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I’ve been looking for coilovers for my FiST for a while now, and I’ve been stuck on a bit of a budget. I’m keeping stock wheels but I also don’t want camber, but the possibility would be great. Does anyone have any recommendations for me to choose from? I don’t want a crazy drop but at least an inch? I have a steep driveway😅😅 I’m thinking about going on track at some point too
in the $1000 and under range : ISC and Bilstein are excellent choices

pixelzombie

I've been looking as well and have found these options:

Godspeed MonoSS Coilovers - $675 with 1 year warranty

Ford Fiesta / Fiesta ST Classic Coilovers - $549 with LIFETIME Warranty

Megan Racing EZ II Series - on sale for $899 but you have to Reuse rear OEM top plate which I'm not a fan of

If you're looking for under 1k on suspension I think your money would be better spent on swift spec r springs, sway bars, shocks. This will get you 1" lower, will still be compliant on the street, and will handle better on track. It's really hard to find quality long term coilovers under 1k. It sounds like you're newer to the track so I think the savings from the spring and swaybar combo would be better spent on an event. Also, unless you're an understeer enthusiasts, you'll want some camber up front.

OP
FiSTMorg
Thread Starter #15
You really don’t strictly need coilovers for the the track and the majority of cheap ones (under $1000) generally tend not to last more than a few years of hard use, and are more of a cosmetic (lowering) street mod than an actual performance one. Good coilovers for the track are going to cost a fair penny and are also a waste of money unless you’re running 200TW or lower tires.

A B6/Swift Spring or B14 setup might do just as well if not better if you’re on a budget and just doing HPDE events, as I assume that’s what you mean by “thinking of going to the track”

But really, unless your stock shocks are toast, no one says you can’t just run the stock setup for a while even on non-competitive track events.

Spend the money first on some good tires and a trackday, do a driver upgrade and maybe think about a sway bar, H&R camber bolts, some rear camber plates and a good alignment if you haven’t already. Negative camber less than 2 deg won’t be a problem on a daily driver

Once you’ve got a few track days under your belt, it’ll be more obvious what direction you might want to go for suspension upgrades.
thank you for such a detailed reply, I think you’re 100% right. The look isn’t that big of a deal to me Yk? They already look good even at stock height, but my shock are surprisingly going bad and the car has seemed a lot bouncier lately😂 hopefully with some bolstering shocks and a good lowering spring set and maybe a little camber I can pull it off, but wheels might be a good idea to go towards.

the duke

If you're looking for under 1k on suspension I think your money would be better spent on swift spec r springs, sway bars, shocks. This will get you 1" lower, will still be compliant on the street, and will handle better on track. It's really hard to find quality long term coilovers under 1k. It sounds like you're newer to the track so I think the savings from the spring and swaybar combo would be better spent on an event. Also, unless you're an understeer enthusiasts, you'll want some camber up front.
This guy gets it.