Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best tire size for 17x9??

Absolutely. OP should sells the 9 inch wide rims and go with a 15x7 or 16x7. Stick with a 205/215 section width and you’d have a plethora of options well below $150 unless you wanted a DOT legal R compound tire.

What’s happening here is similar to guys who go out and buy a challenger scat pack and then see how much tires cost... then they throw on some shitty Ironman I-move rubber and every time I see it I laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I HAVE A THING FOR TIRES. I LOOK AT BRAND ON EVERY SINGLE CAR AND I DO MAKE JUDGMENTS ON WHAT I SEE LOL

OP
BojixFiST
Thread Starter #5
Absolutely. OP should sells the 9 inch wide rims and go with a 15x7 or 16x7. Stick with a 205/215 section width and you’d have a plethora of options well below $150 unless you wanted a DOT legal R compound tire.

What’s happening here is similar to guys who go out and buy a challenger scat pack and then see how much tires cost... then they throw on some shitty Ironman I-move rubber and every time I see it I laugh.

thanks...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

thanks...

Look man, there are costs associated with everything. A 9 inch wide rim could easily fit a 255 section width tire. So you want a tire recommendation for a tire that is as wide as what some sports cars come equipped with but you aren’t willing to pay to play.

Pick a Chinese brand, any Chinese brand tire and good luck.

Have you done anything to the car that will allow it to accommodate 17x9 wheels? That's far wider than the stock wheels.

OP
BojixFiST
Thread Starter #8
Have you done anything to the car that will allow it to accommodate 17x9 wheels? That's far wider than the stock wheels.
Custom widebody. 2 inches for the fronts, and 3 inches for the rear

Custom widebody. 2 inches for the fronts, and 3 inches for the rear

Ok, so you did a wide body and wide rims, yet are unwilling to actually put money into the only part of your car that makes contact with the road?

OP
BojixFiST
Thread Starter #10
Ok, so you did a wide body and wide rims, yet are unwilling to actually put money into the only part of your car that makes contact with the road?

Thank you for trying to help and making sarcastic remarks. I get your point. I no longer need your help DoomsdayMelody, thanks. I bought the car with the widebody on it already since it was at SEMA 2014

Yeah, you 100% beat me to it - why on earth would you go with a widebody kit and new wheels but not want to invest in one of the most important parts of any vehicle? Is it because it's a consumable and you just don't feel like it's worthwhile OP? It's a pretty backwards train of thought...

OP
BojixFiST
Thread Starter #13
Too bad there isn't a delete function cuz I regret asking for help

Just a heads up to everyone looking at the thread, if he wants to be reasonably close to OE diameter, he’s looking at 245/35R17 or 255/30R17. No one makes a 255 for a 17” rim with that aspect ratio and the 245s exist but are all well in excess of the $150 limit.

OP is either going stretch profile or a narrower rim.

OP
BojixFiST
Thread Starter #15
Just a heads up to everyone looking at the thread, if he wants to be reasonably close to OE diameter, he’s looking at 245/35R17 or 255/30R17. No one makes a 255 for a 17” rim with that aspect ratio and the 245s exist but are all well in excess of the $150 limit.

OP is either going stretch profile or a narrower rim.

I found a tire already. I don't need help anymore, thanks.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am NOT trying to 'pile on' here (I HATE when forum members do that!), but those wheels, in that pic above seem to poke out well beyond even that wide body kit.

I would just go with some 38-40 ET 17x8s with a 215/40-17 on them if you must have 17s on the car. [wink]

I have run 17x8.5" on my car with 245/40R17 tires. 245's will fit a 9" rim, but I'd look for a lower profile if possible to get you a smaller diameter.

For my set up I had to trim the front bumper, run 2.5" spacers (Could've gone a little smaller, just what I had laying around) and ran flares all around.

I am also not running any wheel liners, and it still rubbed at full lock. I'd also say that I am sitting a bit higher than stock, But I'd have to measure to know how much higher.

Not sure what was in the initial posts to incite all the flaming, but just shrug it off. The internet is full of people who will rush to tell you that you can't do something, just because they can't or won't.

Build whatever you want. Enjoy it. And let's the internet warriors go about themselves.

Gingerman.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for trying to help and making sarcastic remarks. I get your point. I no longer need your help DoomsdayMelody, thanks. I bought the car with the widebody on it already since it was at SEMA 2014

Holy cow?! You have one of the other 2014 SEMA cars??? Is it also one of the 5 or 6 used in the Ford booth? I have one too!!

Drop me a message, I want to hear about it.
I'll see if the ad is still up, but one of the other ones (green and white one?) was listed on facebook marketplace in Ohio a few months back at an asking price of $30k...

I have run 17x8.5" on my car with 245/40R17 tires. 245's will fit a 9" rim, but I'd look for a lower profile if possible to get you a smaller diameter.

For my set up I had to trim the front bumper, run 2.5" spacers (Could've gone a little smaller, just what I had laying around) and ran flares all around.

I am also not running any wheel liners, and it still rubbed at full lock. I'd also say that I am sitting a bit higher than stock, But I'd have to measure to know how much higher.

Not sure what was in the initial posts that incite all the flaming, but just shrug it off. The internet is full of people who will rush to tell you that you can't do something, just because they can't or won't.

Build whatever you want. Enjoy it. And let's the internet warriors go about themselves.
No one here was inciting flaming, we simply challenged OP’s logic. I don’t think anyone here will tell you all tires are created equal, and the obvious issue here is that they are one of the few things you absolutely should not cheap out on. Pricing tends to go up with section width and OP had said he wanted a cheap tire after he listed out expensive modifications like widebody kits and 9” wide wheels. There are running costs to every mod you make to your car. 9” is a, relatively speaking, wide wheel choice and OP clearly states he doesn’t want a stretch profile, meaning they’re at a minimum installing a 245 section width tire.

Finding a tire in that size for under $150 that would be recommended? People like to say that there are no stupid questions, but I add a little addendum to that: there are no stupid questions so long as you learn from them. OP got honest responses and didn’t like what he was reading, and therefore was refusing to learn which made it a stupid question.