Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Billet Crank and H beam from Callies now available for 1.6l!

Saw this on the book faces, and had a wonderful conversation with Jarrett from CALLIES (who owns a FOST).

With my goal being a reliable 400hp the billet crank and h beams are going to be awesome.

I've been asked not to disclose pricing as they like to get to know there customers. But it was very reasonable, and I'm excited to start budgeting for this. Hopefully the exchange rates in Canada will go up.

67646382_621095905067288_7199467637481406464_n.jpg

In addition to this Buschur racing announced that they will be building motors for the 1.6l. I also wouldn't be surprised if you see billet blocks coming soon.

note I dont work for either of these companies. Just excited af!

Crank is $1600 per Hijinx. Our crankshaft has zero failures in engines over 400 hp. For $2400 the Mountune short block has a deburred and balanced oem crankshaft, forged connecting rods, forged and coated pistons all balanced to within half a gram. It’s ready to install when received.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
No stroker 1.8 or 2.0 option?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

OP
B
Thread Starter #5
Crank is $1600 per Hijinx. Our crankshaft has zero failures in engines over 400 hp. For $2400 the Mountune short block has a deburred and balanced oem crankshaft, forged connecting rods, forged and coated pistons all balanced to within half a gram. It’s ready to install when received.
I agree we haven't had any failures as the rods/pistons were the danger. But this might be worth pushing past the 500 mark easy. Unfourtunately we don't get freedom juice in Canada, so we are only chirping beavers not bald eagles. 400whp on pump gas will be a great goal for me :)

I agree we haven't had any failures as the rods/pistons were the danger. But this might be worth pushing past the 500 mark easy. Unfourtunately we don't get freedom juice in Canada, so we are only chirping beavers not bald eagles. 400whp on pump gas will be a great goal for me :)
What will be the setup?

OP
B
Thread Starter #7
What will be the setup?
4 port aux and bigger DI injectors with my current GTX2860R deadhook replica setup.

I am investigating going into a compound turbo setup with the stock turbo w/ a hybrid upgrade. Moving the battery and possibly modifiying intake location will give plenty of space.

I'd also like to see a cam kit to bring the redline to 10kpm, I want to see the 2860/2867 start to lose breath. Not sure how the stock ECU will handle this however. Probably going to need a piggy back system.

OP
B
Thread Starter #8
Still a 2 year goal for me. Next year is LSD/tuned susspension and investigating the trans with a local transmission guy to see if we can get more out of it.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I am investigating going into a compound turbo setup with the stock turbo w/ a hybrid upgrade. Moving the battery and possibly modifiying intake location will give plenty of space.
I'm not sure that will be of much use - you'll need a larger compressor section to efficiently push more into the engine.

I'd also like to see a cam kit to bring the redline to 10kpm, I want to see the 2860/2867 start to lose breath. Not sure how the stock ECU will handle this however. Probably going to need a piggy back system.
I believe that the stock ECU is limited to 8K. DHM was experimenting with a modification to increase that but I never saw more than a video of him revving the engine past 8K.

OP
B
Thread Starter #10
I'm not sure that will be of much use - you'll need a larger compressor section to efficiently push more into the engine.

I believe that the stock ECU is limited to 8K. DHM was experimenting with a modification to increase that but I never saw more than a video of him revving the engine past 8K.
Since auto X is my main racing form, the compound turbo setup is going to help with lag. I can always swap the setup back to a bigger AR ratio. I've been speaking with a local turbo vendor about billet wheels also.

I may have to purchase a second ECU and sit down with my pop to see if we can get a megasquirt or similar pickyback onto it.

OP
B
Thread Starter #11
The intent for the compound setup will be to have boost trigger immediately. The smaller turbo should taper off by the time we see the primary come full boost. Puma carries a bore over piston set. There will likely be possibility of a stroker and updated heads by the time I'm fully ready.

Last edited:

TemecFist

$2400 for a short block of that quality? That seems like a darn good deal. What kind of power would that short block support?

Tim_021

Bit of a old thread, but i've just been looking on their website and it seems they have a 1.8 stroker option?

Listed under part number S24008 with a 91.4mm stroke, they also list 2 different connecting rods, so i guess one of them is supposed to go with the stroker kit, not sure though.

I've not found anyone talking about this yet, so i'm guessing not many people know about it? Either way i'm interested, definitely contacting them when i'm starting my engine build.

https://www.callies.com/catalog/product/ecoboost-line/