Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bilstein vs BC coilovers

BC or Bilstein?

• BC BR Series

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HBEcoBeaST

Being injured and having a lot of down time allows me not much else to do than obsess over my suspension choices. I've nailed it down to BC coilovers or the Bilstein B14 kit for the regular fiesta. My goals are 0-0.5'' lowering, sharp turn in response, better handling, better ride and a reliable, low maintenance set-up. My car is my daily that sees 300+miles/week with lots of crappy roads and SPORT+ driving so I can't go too low. ISC basic street sports were also a consideration but they wont answer my emails. I really want a 'set it, and forget it' type set up.

Bilstein B14 167490 for regular fiesta
Pros: ~0.5'' lowering
limited lifetime warranty
bilstein quality
Cons: Currently Only available from UK
no damping adjustability (might not be a con for me)
If I buy from UK they will be warrantied but I can't return them
Have to purchase OEM replacement top hats, bearings, spring pads, dust boots and strut mounts (~$130)[I will not re use stock wear items]
COST $950 total

BC BR series
Pros: readily available from local dealers
complete bolt in kit no extra parts needed
adjustable damping
able to get 6K/4K springs
readily available and affordable replacement parts
Cons: 1 year warranty
mixed reviews on quality
some owners stated they needed regular adjustment, tightening, fiddling, etc
many local car owners (on different platforms) talk down on BC quality, lifespan and performance
COST $995

I'm really leaning towards the Bilsteins but ordering them from overseas adds inconvenience/uncertainty. I really want to like BC but locally all my car friends really bash them and I've seen some pretty bad failures with leaky struts, improperly machined spring perches and mounts coming loose over time. Too bad ISC is MIA since their kit looks top quality and they have a much better warranty than BC at 5 years.

Being injured and having a lot of down time allows me not much else to do than obsess over my suspension choices. I've nailed it down to BC coilovers or the Bilstein B14 kit for the regular fiesta. My goals are 0-0.5'' lowering, sharp turn in response, better handling, better ride and a reliable, low maintenance set-up. My car is my daily that sees 300+miles/week with lots of crappy roads and SPORT+ driving so I can't go too low. ISC basic street sports were also a consideration but they wont answer my emails. I really want a 'set it, and forget it' type set up.

bilstein quality
Have to purchase OEM replacement top hats, bearings, spring pads, dust boots and strut mounts (~$130)[I will not re use stock wear items]
COST $950 total

BC BR series
adjustable damping
mixed reviews on quality
many local car owners (on different platforms) talk down on BC quality, lifespan and performance
COST $995

I'm really leaning towards the Bilsteins but ordering them from overseas adds inconvenience/uncertainty. I really want to like BC but locally all my car friends really bash them and I've seen some pretty bad failures with leaky struts, improperly machined spring perches and mounts coming loose over time. Too bad ISC is MIA since their kit looks top quality and they have a much better warranty than BC at 5 years.

https://whooshmotorsports.com/colle...14-16-fiesta-st-performance-suspension-system

Is this not what you're looking for?

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #3
It's the other Mazda 2 one for the regular fiesta. Only difference is the ride height ( I need higher).

Whoosh doesn't have it in stock and every USA dealer says indefinite order time. Apparently Bilstein is moving locations where these are manufactured so production is slower and Europe is getting priority.

antarctica24

bilstein quality
COST $950 total

BC BR series
adjustable damping
mixed reviews on quality
COST $995

So I now have approximately 175,000 miles my BC Coilover setup. I was injured in a car accident permanently. So ride quality is extremely important. Additionally I drive the car very aggressively. I have nothing negative to say about Bilstein. They have been doing it longer than anyone else. But I can speak very positively about BC. Not that 175K miles already speaks volumes. I would put this setup against anything out there and would say the differences are probably minimal between the BC and anything else that is compatible. Build Quality is excellent and no leaks anywhere to be found on any of the shocks. You cannot go wrong with the BC setup.