Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blanked/Falied Sync3 Multi-Function Display

Display failed this evening, 2018 car. Prior to that, had a battery run low, so it was recharged at the 40A setting of the power cart for a few minutes and started up, no display, runs fine, AC and temperature controls and fans work just fine.

It's actually kind of nice not having the display or any chimes, and aside from not being able to turn off the DSC.

Any ideas? I looked up the fuses and tit seems to be on the same fuse as the climate control. Haven't gone any further. It's under warranty but I'm not one to let the dealers monkey with it unless it needs a new TS display or some other component.

OP
A
Thread Starter #2
All fuses checked good. All systems outside of MFD function work. No chimes when opening door. Reset ECU. Reflashed ECU.

Disconnected battery neg terminal for 10 minutes. Reconnected, MFD booted up, horn honked awkwardly for a moment, and everything works fine.

Will be replacing the XS-D680 battery though, I think the low voltage contributed to the failure and the need for a proper reset.

More $ less # coming up.