Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blow off valve sound out of no where

So on my way home from work today I'm listening to the radio with the windows down and I thought I heard a BOV near me. I turned my radio down and didn't see any cars around me. As I accelerate and go through gears I notice it's my car. Now I haven't done any engine mods and I've never heard this before but it sounds like I have a blow off valve lol. Sounds cool. [raceflag] I recorded it and put it on my instagram @jcr57rt but you can't really hear it.

I haven't heard it before, does anyone hear the whistling sound in their cars?

For those of you that are not sure what I'm talking about, this is the sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNeX1Az6Kus

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
That's weird, mine doesn't sound like that. Mine is more drawn out and more "airy" sounding

Why is everyone talking in another language in the you tube comments,at first I thought you were from another country and by your Fiesta ST 180 post. Def sounds way different than mine,if you never heard it before,go get it checked out.

-ry

Hmmmm I can hear my BOV with windows down but it's faint, not loud like this. BTW I have a Cobb Filter and AP

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Wow thats loud. But sounds cool. Congrats You just saved over $250 and a tube that makes hot noise....

Shmi

Mine also sounds like this. No loose hoses or anything (I check every time I do an oil change) and I hold boost just fine.

Okay guys, i was going to post a thread about an idea, but this thread kinda is my idea... if i'm not mistaken the line that releases turbo pressure when you lift off the throttle ties into the intake ducting just after the MAF.... SO, if you want more of a BOV sound, but not that hideously annoying super loud kind you get with the boomba, couldn't you take that line, re route it into the BOTTOM section of the air box and kind of get the same effect? especially if you're like me and drilled a 2" hole in the bottom of your factory box because you're too cheap to buy a Mountune box?? (and honestly, i don't think the Mountune box works $300 worth of better than a factory modded box.) of course you'd have to cap off where it goes into the intake so you don't pull dirty air into your intake tract. i'm a mechanic, and i can't think of any reason why this wouldn't work. seems to me that line doesn't PULL air, only releases it, so under the air filter should be fine, so long as you place it where it doesn't blow a damn hole in the filter..?? will search some more.. ;)