Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bluetooth Boost Controller and Live Boost Monitor by Turbo Transformer - sneak peek - adjust your boost with an Android Phone

LINK TO VIDEO

[video=youtube;AzZYIQIXcXg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzZYIQIXcXg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Fiesta ST Forum,

I am writing about a new product that I plan to release in June - Turbo Transformer Bluetooth.

The new Bluetooth Version allows the user to do two things:

1. Adjust your boost on the fly - more than twice as much as the current Turbo Transformer.

Take full control of your turbo with your Android device. Many prospective customers pass on my product because I refuse to program the existing Turbo Transformer to raise the boost by the maximum amount that the ECU can tolerate without setting codes. I have done this because I want some safety margin since some cars are more sensitive than others and I did not want to field emails and returns due to check engine lights, while giving myself a bad reputation. Now the user can crank the boost to whatever level is desired.
Furthermore, people argue that once a tune is available - this is no longer true since you can add a Turbo Transformer to your and make adjustments to exploit any additional hardware you may have.

Additionally, you can also turn your boost DOWN from the factory setting. If you don't want your friend or teenager son or even a valet to abuse your highly modded car - simply set your Turbo Transformer to a NEGATIVE setting and get less boost than stock. Or simply use it to gain fuel economy for yourself by limiting max boost.

2. Get live boost readings.
This partially also solves the need for a boost gauge. You can now see the effect from the Turbo Transformer or any other mod helping you make a decision on which setting or hardware configuration you feel is appropriate for you. For example you can adjust it to a +22 and get a good read on your boost after doing a few passes. Then switch to a +27 and do a few more passes, get another read on the boost level, so on and so forth.

The hardware side is developed and awaiting inventory. A working version of the Android App is released and there will continue to be a few updates down the road but all the functional requirements are done. In June, I plan to do a soft launch - the product will be available ONLY to Android users initially. Eventually, I will write an iPhone app as well, although I have no timeline for it - my goal is by the end of this year.

There are 65 possible settings; -32 to -1 for boost less than stock, 0 for stock boost and +1 to +32 for increased boost. Existing production Turbo Transformers are set to +15. The boost on the Fiat 500 Abarth in the test video went from 10 psi in setting -29 to 24+ psi setting +28.

An additional feature of the Android App is the live boost reading. The (REAL) boost reading is sent to the App which then displays it in numeric form for now (and eventually there will also be a gauge view).

The video demonstrates the pairing, control panel and live boost feature. The last 7 minutes of the video show the live boost readings while changing the setting up and down.

The price for the Bluetooth model will be $269.99 - keeping in line with the vision of offering better value than any competing products. I look forward to everybody's thoughts and feedback.

LINK TO VIDEO

[video=youtube;AzZYIQIXcXg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzZYIQIXcXg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The Bluetooth Turbo Transformer will also get a face-lift (a prettier logo).

OP
T
Thread Starter #4
iOS app will be written later this year ...

Only Android support or plans for Apple users?
Only Android FOR NOW. I am not familiar with what it takes to write an iOS app. Once I get this off the ground in June, I wish to focus full time on the iOS app - my target for iOS app is December otherwise I am turning away half the customers in the USA ... though world wide, Android has a pretty good grip on the mobile device market.