Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Short Shifter Group Buy

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

Got mine today.

Very nice feel. Can't wait to get it installed.
Better be worth it...
Got the shifter and bushings, but after shipping, currency conversion and customs fees... I'm at $400 for this even after Boombas discount. Not too happy with that. Don't think I'll be ordering from the U.S. again anytime soon. [emoji25]

MOFiST

Mine's here as well. [emoji41]
Thanks for the beanie guys!
I feel your pain mrtn but luckily we don't pay duty on under $1k here. Still expensive but this device is quality.
I'm hoping for a weekend install but it's gonna be bloody hot here on the weekend. I may do it anyway in the early morning.

CanadianST

Got mine today.

Very nice feel. Can't wait to get it installed.
Better be worth it...
Got the shifter and bushings, but after shipping, currency conversion and customs fees... I'm at $400 for this even after Boombas discount. Not too happy with that. Don't think I'll be ordering from the U.S. again anytime soon. [emoji25]
I hear ya the dollar isn't doing the very best atm. I was pricing up a transmission for another project I'm looking at starting and the conversion is just killing me.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #127
Mine's here as well. [emoji41]
Thanks for the beanie guys!
I feel your pain mrtn but luckily we don't pay duty on under $1k here. Still expensive but this device is quality.
I'm hoping for a weekend install but it's gonna be bloody hot here on the weekend. I may do it anyway in the early morning.
We're looking at a high of 12 degrees Fahrenheit for the weekend :(
Want to trade for some warm weather?

We can't wait till you get it installed!

-13 Fahrenheit here.... Beanie is coming in handy today at least. Thanks!

Waiting for warmer weather before attempting my install.

MOFiST

We're looking at a high of 12 degrees Fahrenheit for the weekend :(
Want to trade for some warm weather?

We can't wait till you get it installed!
Wow that's cold! Going from here to there would be like going from an steam oven to a deep freezer. I'd prefer Fiji about 28C or 82F. [coolsmile]

I've just installed it under my shady garage. Still hot in the car but I was just itching to get it done.
Feedback, pics, and vids to follow. I'll probably bump another thread not this GB one.
It went pretty smoothly in short. The Boomba install video and detailed instructions really helped.

[thumb]

Installed mine today, was very cold but I couldn't wait. Overall the install went well, didn't break any clips, hardest part was getting that little metal clip off that holds the pin in place. I didn't chamfer the pin either... Not sure why it's part of the instructions...

Shifting will take some getting used to. I feel like I'm going to put my hand through the climate control because I'm so used to my arm going further. I will need some more time behind the wheel but it feels very nice. I'm fully shortened with the shifter plate installed with cable bushings, short shifter in position 3 with base bushings and the Boomba shift knob. [emoji41]

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #132
Wow that's cold! Going from here to there would be like going from an steam oven to a deep freezer. I'd prefer Fiji about 28C or 82F. [coolsmile]

I've just installed it under my shady garage. Still hot in the car but I was just itching to get it done.
Feedback, pics, and vids to follow. I'll probably bump another thread not this GB one.
It went pretty smoothly in short. The Boomba install video and detailed instructions really helped.

[thumb]
Glad to hear you got it installed! We can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Installed mine today wow it is really nice
Awesome!

Installed mine today, was very cold but I couldn't wait. Overall the install went well, didn't break any clips, hardest part was getting that little metal clip off that holds the pin in place. I didn't chamfer the pin either... Not sure why it's part of the instructions...

Shifting will take some getting used to. I feel like I'm going to put my hand through the climate control because I'm so used to my arm going further. I will need some more time behind the wheel but it feels very nice. I'm fully shortened with the shifter plate installed with cable bushings, short shifter in position 3 with base bushings and the Boomba shift knob. [emoji41]
Big difference, right?!

I remember when it was a long stretch to put in 5th not any more. This is a very nice piece quality and very functional. Probly the best mod I have done for driver comfort. Also if you break the tab on the gear shifter housing like I did you have to buy the whole thing and the part number is D2bz7210b 111$ online or 172$ at dealer

So I ran into an issue... The secondary shift cable came off while driving and I was stuck in 4th. Lucky I was close to home. I'm hoping I just didn't put the clip in properly but it makes me nervous to drive tomorrow.
Here's the part that came off and the clip that I'm hoping is ok...

Looks like you broke it like me I used furniture pads in the side of the plastic to sit on the side of it and it works just fine

Looks like you broke it like me I used furniture pads in the side of the plastic to sit on the side of it and it works just fine
Oh really? Does it look broken in my pic? I didn't think I broke it. Is that the part #D2bz7210b ? Where did you put furniture pads??

Thanks for the pic. That's exactly what happened to me. Now I'm worried. It stayed is and clipped when I put it back together though.