Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boost being cut

Evening guys,

I did a few track days last year and noticed that when the yellow flags came out and I wasn't giving it the beans any more, the car would seemingly go into limp mode. I managed to reproduce this a few times, a simple turn it off and on again fixed the issue, however it can be frustrating when coming up to hairpins as it sometimes happens, and can be quite dangerous.

The only code that came up is P2861 which is around the Engine Coolant Bypass Valve Control Circuit/Open.

Can someone point me in the right direction as to what part I need, where to obtain said part and how long it takes to install, is it a driveway fit or should I be asking a mechanic for some time on a ramp?

The car is stage 3 with S242 turbo on it, if that helps at all.

Cheers in advance

J

Storm180

I seem to be having a similar issue will be randomly driving and i get a orange wrench apper and message say engine service now but i had the car serviced only a month ago a simple off and on again seems to fix it but there must be some kind of issue for it to keep reappearing