Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boost drop in higher rpm (top end)

I have a Pumaspeed x37, that I am getting E30 tuned. My tuner days that the boost is dropping in the top end (25psi in the midrange and 16 psi in the top end). The tuner thought it could be a boost leak. I got the smoke test done and no leak at all. I was told to pressurize the whole system to 25 psi and see if there is a leak but a few performance shops told me that this would yield the same results as the smoke test. What could my issue be here? I am thinking that my 17psi Turbosmart wastegate could be preloaded incorrectly.

OP
ColoradoST
Thread Starter #5
Pd tuning. If this is normal then I'm happy because I don't really want to mess around with the preload...

OP
ColoradoST
Thread Starter #6
I'm looking at the data and it looks like the psi slowly drops after 5000 rpm. There is not a huge sudden drop.

Butterybunz

Pretty much all tunes are going to hit peak boost and then boost will level down as the rpms climb closer and closer to redline. If your tuner is trying to hold 25 psi to redline and the car isn't, that could be an issue but to me it sounds like you need a new tuner.

OP
ColoradoST
Thread Starter #8
Thanks. The car runs fine so I think I'm just going to leave it how it is and not mess with anything.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So what ever happened after this? Just curious !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk