Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bov noise.

Jedhardy

Hey everyone, recently put a boomba bov spacer on my 16' . I had forgotten to plug the wire back into my bov and went for a test drive. When it's not plugged in it makes a much more satisfying fluttering noise, opposed to the spacers "pssshh". I've heard this is because of air being forced back through the turbo, but not from the most reputable source. Honestly not the biggest fan of the spacers loud noise everytime I let off the gas. Is it bad for the turbo to not have it plugged in?

Last edited:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Not a good idea. That boost needs to recirculate through the system, or it needs to be let out in the atmosphere. It cannot do either right now.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Erick_V

Off throttle compressor surge isn't a big deal, on throttle compressor surge will mess things up. I'd plug it back in but I can't see it doing any real damage long term