Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BravoAlpha fuel pump upgrade DIY.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Here is a list of tools you will need. Some are I had gotten after i realized it was needed.

1st step gather tools

Side cutters
Assorted plastic trim and pry pieces
Garage Towels
Bucket
Garage vacuum

2 step remove back seat.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

At the front most portion of the seat on both sides these lever will have to be pushed in and the seat pulled up. After that the seat will fold back and you will then have to remove it from the three hooks that hold it down in the back most portion of the seat. You can do this by pushing the seat in towards the back and simultaneously lifting up and it will come undone from the hooks. Its easier with two people I imagine....But I did it by myself and my doggo watched.

Step 3

completely remove seat and set somewhere safe. This will reveal the access cover for the fuel pump underneath the rear seat.

After letting the vehicle sit over night with the car unlocked so there was not chance I was going to unlock it and have the pump possible prime the line before I started working on the FiST. NEXT UP...
Disconnect the fuel line and be sure NOT TO BREAK THE CLIP. It can be done with your fingers or picks then remove the fuel line.
Now comes the part where you will have to modify the fuel pump access hole on the body of the vehicle to take out the fuel pump retaining ring. I made two identical cuts on the body and pryed upward so it is able to slide the ring out when removed from the gas tank neck. Also I used plastic trim sticks to remove the ring to avoid possible sparks and a car-b-que in my garage. It took a couple of really good whacks but it came of and I slide it out.

Step 4

Remove pump and put into Bucket in the vehicle to avoid spilling gas anywhere in the FiST as we all know its hard to get rid of the gas smell if it occurs. I also brought my tank down to about less than 1/4 to avoid too much gas in the tank and the possibility of spilling it when removing the pump. Also clean the dirt and grime the best you can before releasing theory ring to avoid shit from falling into the tank upon Pump removal. Clean off pump O-ring and around the rim of the fuel pump access hole on the tank to ensure a proper seal when the tank pressurizes itself. Clean off tank ring and re-use. You can replace if you'd like but I saw no reason too.

Step 5

Get your new Fandango Bravoalpha fuel pump assembly and get ready for install. Time to reverse install everything. Fun times to be had! When completed get into the FiST....hit the start button but don't start it and you will hear the pump send fuel up to the fuel rail.

Step 6

Now its time to start and fantasize about running e85 and giving the pump the ability to use more voltage than the stock pump to give it the beans it needs when your BT and Aux fuel! And put some boostane in it for the extra Oompf you might if you have poopy gas with ethanol in it like we do in Mn.... Enjoy !

Last edited:
OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #8
That's what's in mine* I used this style stealth 340 Aeromotive as the lpfp VS. The DW300 pump.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
I'm not sure what Patrick@BravoAlpha does any longer if he found one better than the other. But I know when I did mine I requested the Aeromotive 340*

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk