Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

"But do you have the good one?"

Elated to have my weekend gig back. I'm a part-time docent at the Petersen Museum in Los Angeles, which just reopened after a lengthy pandemic closure.

We can't give large tours yet, but I get small groups that follow me around and ask about certain cars.

Eventually, I get the question... "Wow, you must drive a really aweseome car like a Jaguar, right?" To which I answer "Actually, I drive a Ford Fiesta".

If anyone has heard of the ST, which is sort of rare, the follow up question will be "Huh... but do you have the "good" one?"

I love the Petersen. I've been a couple times over the years and it's truly a remarkable, world class facility. It's definitely a bucket list item for any car enthusiast (and always get the vault tour)!

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #4
Early Cuyler Baby! Can't believe I actually got my wife to enjoy that show as much as I do.

Right now, the Petersen is in limited-capacity mode... I work in the Vault, and love it. We can't do actual guided tours yet and movement is somewhat limited, but they have the most relevant cars front-and-center to enjoy. Hopefully when the pandemic is behind us, we can get back to fully guided tours and more access. Up until a while back, we had two of Ken Block's Gymkhana Fiestas down there, but they have been given back to Ford and I believe are currently for sale.

If you do visit, if there's a white FIST on the second floor of the parking garage, come say hello!

Elated to have my weekend gig back. I'm a part-time docent at the Petersen Museum in Los Angeles, which just reopened after a lengthy pandemic closure.

We can't give large tours yet, but I get small groups that follow me around and ask about certain cars.

Eventually, I get the question... "Wow, you must drive a really aweseome car like a Jaguar, right?" To which I answer "Actually, I drive a Ford Fiesta".

If anyone has heard of the ST, which is sort of rare, the follow up question will be "Huh... but do you have the "good" one?"
Gotta be one my favorite conversations too. Anyone who follows up with that question is a bonafide car enthusiast IMO.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Gotta be one my favorite conversations too. Anyone who follows up with that question is a bonafide car enthusiast IMO.
That happened to me driving up to Trader Joe's one day. One of the workers saw me drive up and said "That's the hot one, right?"

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #7
I love it when people recogize the car. A few weeks ago, I was getting gas, and a guy at another pump said "Is that car as fun as everyone says it is?"

... As opposed to that one time I watched a lady tug on my door handle, then realize it wasn't her car, walk to her Prius one car over and drive away.

Elated to have my weekend gig back. I'm a part-time docent at the Petersen Museum in Los Angeles, which just reopened after a lengthy pandemic closure. We can't give large tours yet, but I get small groups that follow me around and ask about certain cars.
Hoping to get to the museum mid-June on an extended road trip. I will check back and hope to be there when you are.

I love it when people recogize the car. A few weeks ago, I was getting gas, and a guy at another pump said "Is that car as fun as everyone says it is?"

... As opposed to that one time I watched a lady tug on my door handle, then realize it wasn't her car, walk to her Prius one car over and drive away.
Before I bought my FiST, I read a bunch of articles and watched a bunch of YouTube reviews. I had a pretty good idea of what I was getting myself into, but I wanted to hear it first hand. I actually asked a guy at a red light, if the car is as amazing as everyone claims it is. He smirked and gave me an enthusiastic YES! That was the last little bit of reassurance I needed lol.

haste

1000 Post Club
I was driving to work one morning and I had a guy swiftly come up behind me at a stop sign. He was driving some Buick crossover... During my turn after the stop sign he followed right behind and almost seemingly tried to pass me?!?! I was like WTF is this jackass doing. I drove slow to my next turn with him on my ass, but then I goosed it. He tried to keep up. His driving was erratic to say the least. We both ended up at a stop light. I wanted to throw an obscene gesture at him but after I rolled down my window and he had his rolled down, he was laughing hysterically. His head/body bobbing forward and back in his seat. I asked him why he was tailgating me and he giddily responded with "I WANTED TO SEE THAT SHIT RUN MAN!!!! I WANTED TO SEE THAT SHIT RUN!!!, THAT'S WHY I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO DRIVE A STICK RIGHT THERE MAN!!!!!!".
It was cool, but still an odd experience. That guy had to have been hopped up on something. It was at 615am....

Before I bought my FiST, I read a bunch of articles and watched a bunch of YouTube reviews. I had a pretty good idea of what I was getting myself into, but I wanted to hear it first hand. I actually asked a guy at a red light, if the car is as amazing as everyone claims it is. He smirked and gave me an enthusiastic YES! That was the last little bit of reassurance I needed lol.
I was thinking of getting a 17 wrx... checked Car & Driver (to see how it held up since my 05) and noticed they had a sports compact top 10. To my surprise, the FiST was number 3 that year (and Rex was like 8 or 9). Couldn't even imagine a fiesta being more fun than a wrx... but after reading all the rave reviews, I gave it a shot. Here I am 2 FiST's later ๐Ÿ˜

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Somehow, I just do not consider the WRX/STI (or even the Evos) a 'sport compact' anymore.
They are full blown 'sports sedans' as far as I'm concerned, at this point. [wink]

I was thinking of getting a 17 wrx... checked Car & Driver (to see how it held up since my 05) and noticed they had a sports compact top 10. To my surprise, the FiST was number 3 that year (and Rex was like 8 or 9). Couldn't even imagine a fiesta being more fun than a wrx... but after reading all the rave reviews, I gave it a shot. Here I am 2 FiST's later ๐Ÿ˜
LOL, I know exactly was list you're talking about. I remember reading that one, I felt like a proud dad seeing our little bean so high up on the list.

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #15
Speaking of reviews of the ST, if you haven't watched the Regular Car Reviews YouTube channel, it's very entertaining. Here's his take on the FIST.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw-3zLZheII&t=323s

Sort of like Haste's experience, I was driving to the museum on Saturday, when a guy in an older WRX pulled up along side me on the 405 freeway, and started revving and Psssshhing. Mind you, we were both going about 80, so I don't know what exactly he was trying to prove. I ignored him, which must have miffed him a bit. He pulled ahead, and crossed over my front end so close that I damn near went into ABS. Cut across to the lane to my left, almost clipping a Tesla. The Tesla driver looked at me, sort of like "Are either of us gonna go after this idiot?" I shrugged, then watched as the Tesla went off and road-raged the Subaru until they both took the 110 exit.

When I got off of my shift at the museum, it was pretty cool to see a Green Envy FIST parked near my car. It had Hawaiian license plates. Is that anyone here?

Speaking of reviews of the ST, if you haven't watched the Regular Car Reviews YouTube channel, it's very entertaining. Here's his take on the FIST.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw-3zLZheII&t=323s

Sort of like Haste's experience, I was driving to the museum on Saturday, when a guy in an older WRX pulled up along side me on the 405 freeway, and started revving and Psssshhing. Mind you, we were both going about 80, so I don't know what exactly he was trying to prove. I ignored him, which must have miffed him a bit. He pulled ahead, and crossed over my front end so close that I damn near went into ABS. Cut across to the lane to my left, almost clipping a Tesla. The Tesla driver looked at me, sort of like "Are either of us gonna go after this idiot?" I shrugged, then watched as the Tesla went off and road-raged the Subaru until they both took the 110 exit.

When I got off of my shift at the museum, it was pretty cool to see a Green Envy FIST parked near my car. It had Hawaiian license plates. Is that anyone here?
That might've been my favorite review of the FiST to date. Ty for sharing!