Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

*Can* I run stage 2 OTS tune with S280 temporarily?

It seems tolerable WOT and 24 pounds of boost. Obviously, the answer is I shouldn't, but air fuel ratio, temps, boost and such seem fine. Don't think it would be a problem unless I'm running it long and hard. These S280 revisions be taking some time......

Dialcaliper

Do you care about throwing codes in the meantime?

Two options I might suggest - load a Cobb Stage 1 or Stage 2 and drive around in “economy” mode, which will keep you in its anemic light boost setting, which is probably safe if you treat it gently. Second would
be more drastic and probably throw codes, but unhook the wastegate actuator from the flapper, which will allow exhaust to vent through the wastegate.

Edit: I slightly misunderstood what you were asking. Neither suggestion above is as safe as sticking with the tune revisions. And I'd only really consider doing the above it if you don't have any sort of proper base S280 map from a tuner yet. If you have a base/revision map, stick with it

Last edited:
It seems tolerable WOT and 24 pounds of boost. Obviously, the answer is I shouldn't, but air fuel ratio, temps, boost and such seem fine. Don't think it would be a problem unless I'm running it long and hard. These S280 revisions be taking some time......

Don't do it. Be patient. I know base map or even revision one can be slow feeling, but you aren't going the get the result you are expecting using the cobb ots tune. As soon as you get into decent boost the tune is going to freak out from the load and boost overshooting target boost and it will boost cut/go into a limp mode state to try an protect the engine from bad things. The waste gate targets are way different from stock to s280.

I literally spent the whole summer waiting 10 days between revisions so I know how you feel. It is even more frustrating when you know how to tune, but Cobb isn't giving access to Accesstuner right now.

Don't do it. Be patient. I know base map or even revision one can be slow feeling, but you aren't going the get the result you are expecting using the cobb ots tune. As soon as you get into decent boost the tune is going to freak out from the load and boost overshooting target boost and it will boost cut/go into a limp mode state to try an protect the engine from bad things. The waste gate targets are way different from stock to s280.

I literally spent the whole summer waiting 10 days between revisions so I know how you feel. It is even more frustrating when you know how to tune, but Cobb isn't giving access to Accesstuner right now.
Exactly, I'll gladly wait like 2-4 days per revision to make sure I don't grenade my engine. Hell, my revision 1, 16psi max S280 tune to make sure the wastegate actuator was properly preloaded was basically as fast as my FBO stock turbo car.

OP, you just gotta be patient with the process.

OP
S
Thread Starter #8
Cool yea, thanks for replies. I just ran it briefly and never ran it again. Checked plugs yesterday and they looked fine. I'm on revision 1 with 10psi now and the car is starting to become fun again.