Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Can someone give a hopeful owner some help with speakers

im just coming off of finishing a tacoma build and all this extra money is feeling empty so i wanna get myself a good hooning car and the speakers in the taco were so bad i redid them and now i dont think i can hear the same way again. Can someone give me a summary or point me in the direction a another thread on the easiest way to get a solid speaker set up in a fiesta(good speaker replacement, an amp, and a sub will do it for me) for a reasonable price?

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Installing my amp was a bitch.... I connected my lines behind the radio directly off the inputs and soldered connections off of them to the amp. The speaker upgrades were easy though. Let me look and see if I can find the thread I copied.

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
sick, thanks man, i have yet to find out if they come with subs. if they dont did u just plug it into an amp or do they come with a sub from the factory?

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
So I'm running kicker rs's x4. My amp is a boss I believe, its just something cheap that could produce more sound. The st does not come with an amp but from what I've heard our head unit produces about 250 amps. The 4 channel amp I have produces maybe 600 amps? Even though its rated for 1k I dont trust that. I cant find the thread but basically the way they setup our car you need to reuse the stock bracket and solder in new wires from the new speaker to it. You literally have to cut out our stock speakers with a knife from that bracket. Also, I dont have subs but you could simply plug into an amp if you wired them from the back speakers. Those wires are located in the middle pillar of the car behind the trim.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
I did just see a post from one of our members. He had aluminum brackets fabricated for his speakers though so I may go that route next because my hot glue keeps melting....

OP
D
Thread Starter #6
damn, ford really kept to the economy car interior, thanks for the help man, i will probably do some sketchy mounts as well if that is the case

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Just keep in mind, I have tried super glue, gorilla glue, 3m tape, nothing sticks to our interior man... It so anti porous its rediculous. Its not necessarily a bad thing but trying to do stuff like this makes it a pain. Best bet is to use hot glue and redo as needed. If I find out more about these brackets I'll let you know though.

CaptainCheesy

U.S. Army Veteran
I got a whole Pioneer setup lined up. I can always get you in contact with my buddy who used to do audio comps in his Focus (go figure, right?) if you want?

I'm lazy and it's been ages since I've been active on a forum site, but below is a list of my whole audio setup I'll be buying (due note that this runs me about $750-900 after taxes and shipping, MINUS the box; he said he would custom build me a box for the sub he chose):

- Amp
- Subwoofer
- Distribution Block (added for autocross removal)
- Wire Kit
- Adapter (unsure what this was for; was important)
- Front Speaker Kit (component system, because Fiesta)
- Rear Speaker Kit (not component system, because America)
- Speaker Adapters (adapters for stock to aftermarket, they say Focus, confirmed fit on Fiesta)

Last edited: