Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car stalled now it shudders with slight knocking sound!

Drove to the grocery store parking brake up and must of knocked the car into gear when getting out. When I turned the car on when I returned I let off the clutch and the car stalled of course. Turn it back on and engine maintenance light comes on and entire car shudders at idle. Drive it the couple miles back home with random shuddering and weird acceleration issues. Did I kill my car? I have trip to Colorado planned in a couple weeks and was counting on my car. Service dealer isnt accepting any new appointments at the moment. Will of course take it first thing tomorrow morning anyway. Just looking for some advice. Sounds uncomfortably similar to some recent issues addressed here. Thanks all!

Drove to the grocery store parking brake up and must of knocked the car into gear when getting out. When I turned the car on when I returned I let off the clutch and the car stalled of course. Turn it back on and engine maintenance light comes on and entire car shudders at idle. Drive it the couple miles back home with random shuddering and weird acceleration issues... Service dealer isnt accepting any new appointments at the moment. Will of course take it first thing tomorrow morning anyway...
Were you able to land an appointment? If not, you can locate your next closest dealer here: Dealer Locate.

I'd like to loop in your customer service manager. Please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, bet daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Drove to the grocery store parking brake up and must of knocked the car into gear when getting out. When I turned the car on when I returned I let off the clutch and the car stalled of course. Turn it back on and engine maintenance light comes on and entire car shudders at idle. Drive it the couple miles back home with random shuddering and weird acceleration issues. Did I kill my car? I have trip to Colorado planned in a couple weeks and was counting on my car. Service dealer isnt accepting any new appointments at the moment. Will of course take it first thing tomorrow morning anyway. Just looking for some advice. Sounds uncomfortably similar to some recent issues addressed here. Thanks all!
Did you find out the issue?

OP
A
Thread Starter #6
Did you find out the issue?
Thanks for asking. No I never found out what happened. Only thing I can think is that stalling it confused the traction control or something. The vehicle health report shot back engine and brake faults. Drove the mile back home with awful noises and shuddering. Stopped and restarted it and nothing. No shudder, no knocking, no lights. Took it to two dealerships and without any ongoing errors they were less than enthusiastic about taking a look. Anyways I leave tomorrow morning for Colorado so hoping everything is ok. Was planning on posting throughout the trip so if it goes bad in a big way we will find out together.

On a side note I find the service at my local Ford dealerships a little concerning. The two I have visited seem to be surprised by a Fiesta ST and a little hesitant to look into things. I'm sure it is just me being a picky car enthusiast but I would love to find a way to determine a dealers experience with Ford performance vehicles. Any thoughts? Also any tips on dealing with service advisors in general would be appreciated. I tend to feel like I'm getting brushed aside at these places. I know it is not a $50k Ford pickup but I love my car just the same and want to make sure I take it somewhere that cares. Thanks again.

FocusMike

Next time if you have an issue take it to Leif Johnson Ford, they seem to be much better than Riata or Covert. I haven't tried Maxwell Ford but LJ Ford has great customer service and offer free loaners.

OP
A
Thread Starter #8
Next time if you have an issue take it to Leif Johnson Ford, they seem to be much better than Riata or Covert. I haven't tried Maxwell Ford but LJ Ford has great customer service and offer free loaners.
Thanks for the info. Do you have a service advisor you like there?

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Hope you have a safe trip and that the car doesn't give you any trouble.