Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CARB requiring OEM tunes now

Have gotten a few private answers. Consensus is yes but you don’t want to push it. You can go stock and ready all monitors without pushing it too hard. You’ll see a link above on how best to ready the monitors in the shortest amount of time.
This helped me set my readiness monitors after disconnecting the battery in about 40 minutes, by specifically targeting the drive cycle rather than just aimlessly driving for 100s of miles: http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html
One note, for the Catalyst & EVAP (which is the only monitor that doesn't need to be ready in CA and will still pass smog) - just go on the freeway and drive at ~60mph for about 10 minutes. Don't worry about the various speeds and all that. I tried following a very specific guide about certain speeds to maintain, and it never set. Got both to Ready by just cruising for a few miles at right around 60mph.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
This helped me set my readiness monitors after disconnecting the battery
Just to be clear, for everyone.

Relating to emissions, disconnecting the battery on an OBD2 car will do absolutely nothing except set another code.

Just to be clear, for everyone.

Relating to emissions, disconnecting the battery on an OBD2 car will do absolutely nothing except set another code.
I just meant that I disconnected the battery, which reset all the readiness monitors... which need to be in a Ready state for the vehicle to be able to be smogged. I forgot about that, and was messing around with stereo stuff the night before my smog appointment, and had to run through the drive cycle as efficiently as possible to get it ready.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Sorry, I misunderstood.
You would not believe how many think they can reset codes as before ODB2.

Mikey456

So I did a little research on the Cobb website. It seems that the Carb EO numbers apply only to their front mounted intercooler till 2019 and from 2014-2016 their “stage 1 power package” which includes the accessport/stage 1 tune and intake. So I understand that Cobb says that the tunes are Carb legal, but either their website is not updated or their tune is not legal beyond the “stage 1 power package”

Dpro

6000 Post Club
So I did a little research on the Cobb website. It seems that the Carb EO numbers apply only to their front mounted intercooler till 2019 and from 2014-2016 their “stage 1 power package” which includes the accessport/stage 1 tune and intake. So I understand that Cobb says that the tunes are Carb legal, but either their website is not updated or their tune is not legal beyond the “stage 1 power package”
my Cobb info came directly from Cobb when it asked to do a firmware update to my AP when I was logged into my Accessport control panel on my computer. Everytime you plug your AP into your computer and open up the control panel software it phones back to Cobb to check for updates. Thats how I found out. This was also last spring when I was tuning all the time.

Mikey456

my Cobb info came directly from Cobb when it asked to do a firmware update to my AP when I was logged into my Accessport control panel on my computer. Everytime you plug your AP into your computer and open up the control panel software it phones back to Cobb to check for updates. Thats how I found out. This was also last spring when I was tuning all the time.
I saw that too. They must not have updated their printed list.

IMG_6015.png