Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Carbotech 1521 pads screaming after 2k miles

Has anyone dealt with this issue with these pads or any other pads for that matter? I installed the new 1521 pads along with new OEM rotors and everything felt great and the pads were silent. Fast forward several weeks later and now once the brakes warm up, they scream at low speed stops. It also looks like the pads are really eating up the rotors with grooving already happening at 2k miles. Super bummed because these Carbotech pads were the most expensive brake pads I’ve ever purchased and it looks like they’re going to be a complete waste of money.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Has anyone dealt with this issue with these pads or any other pads for that matter? I installed the new 1521 pads along with new OEM rotors and everything felt great and the pads were silent. Fast forward several weeks later and now once the brakes warm up, they scream at low speed stops. It also looks like the pads are really eating up the rotors with grooving already happening at 2k miles. Super bummed because these Carbotech pads were the most expensive brake pads I’ve ever purchased and it looks like they’re going to be a complete waste of money.
Did you replace the hardware? Or did you reuse your old stuff?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The hardware maybe contacting the rotor and may need to be replaced or modified. Did you bed the pads into the new rotors? Also make sure you lube and clean your slide pins with the correct grease*

Last edited:
OP
bflan2001
Thread Starter #6
The hardware maybe contacting the rotor and may need to be replaced or modified. Did you bed the pads into the new rotors? Also make sure you lube and clean your slide pins with the correct grease*

I’ll give that a shot, thanks!