Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Checking In - Any Socal/OC folks?

Just picked up my new to me FIST a few weeks ago! Wanted to say hello to the FIST community and see who was in my area or if there were FIST events and orgs locally.

I also have an additional question for the folks who arent turning wrenches on their own rides, any reputable knowledgeable FIST shops in the socal area that isn't Mountune?
Wanted to swap out the Radiator and IC in a single job to prep the ride for some more boost!

Thanks and looking forward to meeting y'all!

Cheers,

Mikey456

I’m not aware of any “FiST shops”. I had some lowering springs installed by Mod Bargains and It was good work but pricey. I think FSwerks is down there too. If you do buy Mountune products they will not charge as much to install. I think if I bought their intercooler they would charge me $200 to install. But their products aren’t cheap but high quality.

2017 Ford Fiesta ST, Shadow Black, Recaro seats, Mountune RMM, Swift springs, 5mm rear spacers, Falken 615+ tires

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
Hi Mikey,
Nice to meet you! Yeah, I was thinking Mountune Radiator and Intercooler and have them install and call it a day. But I saw that the Whoosh V3 is better as some folks were disappointed about the Mountune IC not being able to support a Hybrid turbo? Not sure if I will go that route but for the $$$ you pay I would expect it to support it. I saw ModBargians - they are up the street from me as well. I just want to Radiator to be installed properly and properly bled as well.

Thx!

Mikey456

I would would check out Dpro’s build. He’s running a “big” turbo and some of Mountune’s products. He also installed a lot of the stuff himself.

Hey albert, pleasure to meet you! Welcome!
if you're around the OC area; specifically Brea, check out Concept3.
Ask for my buddy William. He owns the shop and has worked on a couple of FiSTs including mine.
It's not a "FiST" shop per se, they specialize in more KDM but has worked on a huge range of cars

He's definitely my go-to guy

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I would would check out Dpro’s build. He’s running a “big” turbo and some of Mountune’s products. He also installed a lot of the stuff himself.
Did I hear my name? Ya I am running the current Mountune Bar and plate intercooler with my S280. I have not pushed it for hours on end but have done repeated datalog runs in 77 degreee temps and not had any problems. To the OP the stories you reading are about Moutunes original Tube and fin intercooler they were using in the UK Market. It is not big enough for our climate on anything but the stock turbo with tunes. The Bar and plate model is bigger and they sell it with their MRX turbo kit.
Now I will not lie I am changing it out for a CPE I have because I am gonna push it hard this summer but ya I could just keep the Mountune in there.

OP
A
Thread Starter #9
Hey albert, pleasure to meet you! Welcome!
if you're around the OC area; specifically Brea, check out Concept3.
Ask for my buddy William. He owns the shop and has worked on a couple of FiSTs including mine.
It's not a "FiST" shop per se, they specialize in more KDM but has worked on a huge range of cars

He's definitely my go-to guy
Awesome man! Thank you for the recommendation! Will def check his shop out! I'm coming from Overland community and there are a few goto shops in socal. Wanted and hoping to find the same for the FIST!

Nice to meet you and thx!

I'm also looking for any good shops as well, I found a well rated tuner down here in the OC but I haven't gone to them yet so I can't be sure.

let me know if you know any meetups as well.

OP
A
Thread Starter #12
I'm also looking for any good shops as well, I found a well rated tuner down here in the OC but I haven't gone to them yet so I can't be sure.

let me know if you know any meetups as well.
Nice to meet you! I'm going to check out Concept3 that @LiLfieSTa recommended in the OC area. Sounds like they are familiar with working on small engine FI cars and Fists!

Cheers,

Nice to meet you! I'm going to check out Concept3 that @LiLfieSTa recommended in the OC area. Sounds like they are familiar with working on small engine FI cars and Fists!

Cheers,
Thanks man! I appreciate the plug. I've never tuned a car before what would you consider a good price for tuning?