Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Chipex paint chip review.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
So I'm sure like me you have paint chips. Well I had one above the driver's door area near the roof for sometime. We all have probably heard of doctor color chip, but there's another company called Chipex based in the UK. Their price at the time was a little bit better so that's what I went with.
I followed their instructions and let me tell you the paint dries extremely fast. It's better to start the leveling process early.
My opinion it's definitely better than the paint chip pens that always seem to leave a blob. I have also tried automotive touchup and that comes with a clear coat, but now you have shiny blob no good.
With Chipex no blob much better. Does the paint sheen match not really, because no clear coat but the color does match.

Last edited:
OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I did the apply and level process about 4 in 10 minutes. Much better than paint pens. It has great adhesion.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review. Did some research on Dr. Colorchip and another brand, but never bought anything. I'll add Chipex to the list and pick something out once the weather improves some.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I Have Dr. color chip....For Performance Blue....I will be applying it in the spring when there is NO SNOW in the forecast.

I Have Dr. color chip....For Performance Blue....I will be applying it in the spring when there is NO SNOW in the forecast.
@TyphoonFiST Have you used the Dr. Colorchip product yet? I've picked up a lot of chips on the hood and some along the passenger side (for some reason).

Last edited:
Coincidentally, I used Dr. Colorchip a couple of days ago for multiple spots on my hood and bumper. The match with the metallic is spot on - my wife was amazed watching things disappear.

I bought something just like these from ebay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-559-Spir...5&algv=default&_trksid=p2047675.c100008.m2219

I already had a small touch up bottle in my color but like we all know, it "globs" because the brush is too big for most scratches. These little things allow you to get really fine dots and are pretty handy for small detailing areas too (if your ridiculously anal like me :)). I have used clear nail polish as a clearcoat and that seems to work well....again, this is only for really small areas. When all is thoroughly dry, buff it lightly with polishing compound, or even a small amount of paste wax or even liquid wax.

OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
Chipex and Dr colorchip both have the exact same idea on how they work.
I chose Chipex because the price was better. I posted a before and after picture your choice.

Chipex and Dr colorchip both have the exact same idea on how they work.
I chose Chipex because the price was better. I posted a before and after picture your choice.

Thanks. I forgot you had started the thread with before/after pictures. I pulled the trigger on a Chipex kit, since I found a promo code to get the price a bit cheaper than DrColorChip. Will see how it goes and hopefully add some before/after pictures here.