Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Chris' 2014 silver FiST

OP
wwuchris
Thread Starter #42
Finished getting my used wheels all cleaned up, and my tires arrived a Costco a couple days ago, so I got the following installed today:

*16" Sparco Assetto Gara wheels, matte graphite silver
*205/45R16 Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport (nitrogen filled)
*McGard 65457BK Chrome/Black SplineDrive Wheel Installation Kit

I also got the carbon fiber Accessport faceplate - I think it blends in with the colors of the dash better...

OP
wwuchris
Thread Starter #43
Got my stock intake back from my friend's garage. He tossed the airbox lid and the Cobb drop-in filter (argh). RAAM was kind enough to ship me his OEM airbox lid, and I ordered a drop-in filter from Mountune. Lid should be here Monday, and I assume the filter will be here Tuesday. I think I'll pull the Cobb intake today and install the pipes in anticipation of receiving the other bits over the next couple of days.

Yesterday, I scraped the red stickers off of the "ST" emblems on the trunk lid and the grill in preparation for installing the DMB inlays. Received the 3M carbon and black overlays from DMB that I purchased a couple of weeks ago. Trying to decide which I like best before I install them. I actually really like the no-sticker look on the grill badge, but I scratched them up a bit so I'll probably put the overlays on anyway. Maybe I should have purchased the 3M carbon for the rear and the silver for the front :)

I can also happily report that the TPMS19 training tool worked great that I got from Amazon for $35 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FKSNUI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The cheaper TPMS sensors work on our car as well, even though the Helm Inc manual lists the more expensive part number:
Part # DE8T-1A180-AA (Helm Inc lists a different part #)
$70 for the set on Amazon right now - http://www.amazon.com/GENUINE-MOTOR...&qid=1428260099&sr=1-1&keywords=DE8T-1A180-AA

OP
wwuchris
Thread Starter #44
Created a SoundCloud account just to upload a clip I made of my Cobb intake resonance. I tried to embed here but I haven't found a way to embed audio that works on this forum - just images, video, hyperlinks - https://soundcloud.com/wwuchris/intake-noise-clip

Received my airbox lid (thanks RAAM!) yesterday, got the stock intake reinstalled. Just waiting for my Mountune drop-in filter to arrive today so I can finish up. Unfortunately I'm also missing the MAF sensor screws, so hopefully I can get a generic MAF screw kit at a local automotive store that will fit. Otherwise I'll be using zip ties or electrical tape in the meantime :)

Received my v1.2 map revision from Matthew at Panda Motorworks, uploaded it to my AP, and also ran the firmware update for auto on/off. Looking forward to testing both tonight, as long as the filter arrives!

Got my stock intake back from my friend's garage. He tossed the airbox lid and the Cobb drop-in filter (argh). RAAM was kind enough to ship me his OEM airbox lid, and I ordered a drop-in filter from Mountune. Lid should be here Monday, and I assume the filter will be here Tuesday. I think I'll pull the Cobb intake today and install the pipes in anticipation of receiving the other bits over the next couple of days.

Yesterday, I scraped the red stickers off of the "ST" emblems on the trunk lid and the grill in preparation for installing the DMB inlays. Received the 3M carbon and black overlays from DMB that I purchased a couple of weeks ago. Trying to decide which I like best before I install them. I actually really like the no-sticker look on the grill badge, but I scratched them up a bit so I'll probably put the overlays on anyway. Maybe I should have purchased the 3M carbon for the rear and the silver for the front :)

I can also happily report that the TPMS19 training tool worked great that I got from Amazon for $35 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FKSNUI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The cheaper TPMS sensors work on our car as well, even though the Helm Inc manual lists the more expensive part number:
Part # DE8T-1A180-AA (Helm Inc lists a different part #)
$70 for the set on Amazon right now - http://www.amazon.com/GENUINE-MOTOR...&qid=1428260099&sr=1-1&keywords=DE8T-1A180-AA
I like the chrome emblems it would go well with my wheels. How did you manage to get it off? Any tips?

OP
wwuchris
Thread Starter #46
I like the chrome emblems it would go well with my wheels. How did you manage to get it off? Any tips?
You bet! I started with a normal razor blade because I wasn't concerned about where I'd be placing the decals. I wish I had my plastic razor blades at the time. It turns out my friend had an old large crafting exacto knife kit. It had a strange blade that what was just barely less than the width of the indents for the decal, and the blade was flat instead of angled like I'm use to. It worked like a dream, but it took a long time. Once I got the stickers off I scraped as much of the adhesive off as I could, then finished up with some rubbing alcohol and those handy blue automotive paper towels.

You bet! I started with a normal razor blade because I wasn't concerned about where I'd be placing the decals. I wish I had my plastic razor blades at the time. It turns out my friend had an old large crafting exacto knife kit. It had a strange blade that what was just barely less than the width of the indents for the decal, and the blade was flat instead of angled like I'm use to. It worked like a dream, but it took a long time. Once I got the stickers off I scraped as much of the adhesive off as I could, then finished up with some rubbing alcohol and those handy blue automotive paper towels.
Excellent. I think I am gonna track down a plastic scraper like you said first. They do look good.

OP
wwuchris
Thread Starter #48
These are the scrapers I got...

And this is the type of knife tip I'd recommend. In fact, I think I'm going to buy a set now for future projects :) ...

meFiSTo

Looking good, Chris! I see you got a bit from Rick (RAAMaudio). it's a brotherhood of silver cars, man. I've mulled nitrogen from time to time, but I guess I'm used to tinkering with air pressures at the track now. There certainly is an advantage to having a stable pressure independent of tire temp.

OP
wwuchris
Thread Starter #50
Looking good, Chris! I see you got a bit from Rick (RAAMaudio). it's a brotherhood of silver cars, man. I've mulled nitrogen from time to time, but I guess I'm used to tinkering with air pressures at the track now. There certainly is an advantage to having a stable pressure independent of tire temp.
Thanks! Yep, I got the intake put back together, thanks to Rick. I had to get some MAF sensor screws in the short term, but the ones I got from AutoZone are too long (limited selection). I need to figure out the actual length of the MAF screws now so I can put the right ones on :) (and remove the three washers I had to add to each side so I could tighten it down)

I went almost two years in my Golf without checking the tire pressure (I know, terrible) but when I finally went in, they checked and all tires were within 2 PSI of the original pressure. Hard to go back now :)

I'm loving my silver FiST - looking at the recent "race" thread, nobody ever challenges me to races. It's stealth! :)

meFiSTo

Thanks! Yep, I got the intake put back together, thanks to Rick. I had to get some MAF sensor screws in the short term, but the ones I got from AutoZone are too long (limited selection). I need to figure out the actual length of the MAF screws now so I can put the right ones on :) (and remove the three washers I had to add to each side so I could tighten it down)

I went almost two years in my Golf without checking the tire pressure (I know, terrible) but when I finally went in, they checked and all tires were within 2 PSI of the original pressure. Hard to go back now :)

I'm loving my silver FiST - looking at the recent "race" thread, nobody ever challenges me to races. It's stealth! :)

I'm so neurotic, I'd want a tank of nitrogen trackside. My little electric air pump is more compact, but nitrogen is tempting. If I actually was racing the car, maybe, but it's a grocery getter that will be occasionally thrashed at the local tracks. Speaking of which, you should get your car out for an HPDE track day some time this year. You'd love it. I hope to get out a couple more times this year. They're not cheap events. Really though, it's why I got this car. Otherwise, why not a Nissan Leaf or Chevy Volt.