Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no dog in this hunt either other than being a potential customer with money in their pocket trying to make sense of this shit show.

Here's how I see it:

Bryan- I asked him in a post why after dozens of posts in his thread why there was no results or hard numbers from him (not his customers) quantifying his turbos gains. All I got was more talk.

DHM- A small shop with an actual location and, it seems from the outside, a pretty good reputation in the community that got caught in the middle. In hindsight they probably should have known better than to get involved with this guy after really reading his posts in his thread. BUT, they are still around, still answering posts about this issue, and that goes a long way with me. They seem like decent guys trying to figure a way out of this situation with the least damage to their shop and their customers. I think they have banked enough goodwill that they should be given the time to work this out.

Pumaspeed- What appears to be a similar shop to DHM, but one located in the UK and represented in the US by a small shop. I don't see any recourse if you have any issues with their turbo other than to deal with their US reps with potentially the same outcome as the DHM/Bryan situation. They are basically untouchable being offshore leaving you at the mercy of their small reps here.

Tune+- A shop with a failed relationship with PumaSpeed who took massive amounts of shit on this forum from many members for his communication and from PumaSpeed for his handling of core returns, etc. Now he comes back with another turbo company with a vaporware product promising to be the answer to all our prayers. And, it seems from his thread, all is forgiven for past issues and he is now seen by many as the new hotness. All this remember, with a product that is unseen, untested on a Fiesta and totally unproven. The company he hooked up with seems like a big player and very successful with other makes and other Ford models but remember, NO PRODUCT YET EXISTS TO BACK UP THE CLAIMS FOR OUR APPLICATION. The timeline he gave for design, production and sale leaves little time for performance and durability testing before being released for sale.

Mountune- A company with a relationship with Ford and a Presence in the UK and here. We heard about a turbo kit for our car at least a year ago and they have had test cars running for awhile working the system out. Looks like a good choice, but being so new there aren't any solid number and drivability reports out there, but I am certain that they are coming. Looks like a great option pending results.

So, these are my observations looking in from the sidelines as an interested customer. I don't mean to ruffle any feathers, just expressing my opinion. I think I'll just continue sitting here on the fence with my hands (and my money) in my pockets for a while longer. I'll wait to see how this all works out.

Scott

Nwofford

Alright guys this may be a late question I've read through this. I see the issues and what not but here's my thing. I found a good price on an upgraded c39 seals already replaced aside from the seal issue have people seen any major issues with these? I'd love to go hybrid turbo but saving money on a navy budget is always nice. Thanks for any info/help here.

Just got my turbo returned ( in less than one day ) from the gentleman who built these cyborgs. Super cool dude. Stripped turbo apart in front of me, explained all the seal issues and how many are left with wrong seals (2 out there somewhere ) , as mine was a good seal. After explaining everything and offering to check every single piece of the turbo, even cleaned and rebalanced everything before reassembling. I reinstalled today, no smoking or any issues. I also flushed out my intercooler from the first seal issue... goood amount of gunk and stuff came out. Test drive was good, felt a lot smoother than before , even in 87 degree temps.

So if anybody has a seal issue, or just wants there turbo checked, send it in. I played test dummy for this shop lol. You have nothing to fear now! :D

Unless you have other issues... then well... you have some fear and stuff
Please PM me the guys name and the address where I can get my C39 checked out. I bought it in Sept 2016 and haven't installed it yet.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Alright guys this may be a late question I've read through this. I see the issues and what not but here's my thing. I found a good price on an upgraded c39 seals already replaced aside from the seal issue have people seen any major issues with these? I'd love to go hybrid turbo but saving money on a navy budget is always nice. Thanks for any info/help here.
9k miles on my C39 no issues.

Attachments

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
We're at 666 likes for this thread... Doomed from the start.

I finally read through all of this thread. I feel really bad for Dead Hook Motorsports, and everyone else involved with, Sourskittle.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
If you have a C39 and you have a seal issue or think you may have a seal issue, just send the damn turbo to the shop in Lakeland and have them go over the turbo. They have already stated that they would review the entire turbo free of charge and replace the seals with the correct seals if necessary. I really don't see what all the doom and gloom is about. At least he shop is taking responsibility and offering a free fix for the seals. You have people damning SS and he turbo that haven't even installed the thing. They're just going along with the mass hysteria and assuming he turbo is junk, I lost all this money yada yada. Like I've stated previously. Mine was the second C39 installed and I haven't had an issue with mine and I love it. Great spool, killer midrange and good top end. There may be better hybrid options out now. That's debateable, but if you have one, I don't see why not send it out to the shop in Lakeland and at least have three check it out. All it would cost you is shipping. If the seals are bad, they'll replace gen. If the seals aren't bad, at least you have peace of mind and can install the turbo without worry and enjoy it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
+2 here....at least the shop is willing to look at it for FREE and replace any seals FREE. I've been on a couple of Forums in my time....some where people lost alot and NO WAY to recoup anything. Think this is bad....imagine a complete engine and being able to see YOUR engine thru a Window at a closed shop. NEVER to be seen AGAIN. So If I was any of you I'd take advantage of this. Keep that in mind....im sure everyone has a similar story....at least there is light at the end of this tunnel. (Steps of soap Box),

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

+2 here....at least the shop is willing to look at it for FREE and replace any seals FREE. I've been on a couple of Forums in my time....some where people lost alot and NO WAY to recoup anything. Think this is bad....imagine a complete engine and being able to see YOUR engine thru a Window at a closed shop. NEVER to be seen AGAIN. So If I was any of you I'd take advantage of this. Keep that in mind....im sure everyone has a similar story....at least there is light at the end of this tunnel. (Steps of soap Box),

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I dunno, if I can see my engine in a closed shop due to financial tomfoolery and it was legitimately mine, that engine would be coming home with me.

Ish

If you have a C39 and you have a seal issue or think you may have a seal issue, just send the damn turbo to the shop in Lakeland and have them go over the turbo. They have already stated that they would review the entire turbo free of charge and replace the seals with the correct seals if necessary. I really don't see what all the doom and gloom is about. At least he shop is taking responsibility and offering a free fix for the seals. You have people damning SS and he turbo that haven't even installed the thing. They're just going along with the mass hysteria and assuming he turbo is junk, I lost all this money yada yada. Like I've stated previously. Mine was the second C39 installed and I haven't had an issue with mine and I love it. Great spool, killer midrange and good top end. There may be better hybrid options out now. That's debateable, but if you have one, I don't see why not send it out to the shop in Lakeland and at least have three check it out. All it would cost you is shipping. If the seals are bad, they'll replace gen. If the seals aren't bad, at least you have peace of mind and can install the turbo without worry and enjoy it.
Didn't your first one leak oil? So technically yours was the 3rd c39 installed. Some people pay to have the installs done so the cost is more than just "shipping". Just like you paid SS, your just fortunate that he charged cheap af to do the swap for you TWICE after that first oil leak. Others that do the work themselves, would probably just find it a waste of time and not want to take the risk. Its pretty simple to see why people would much rather have their refunds..

Ish

Well I had a little mishap with my cyborg 39 this past Wednesday. It started leaking oil, so Bryan, being the awesome guy that he is, drove over an hour to my house and removed my damaged 39 and installed a brand new one. I can vouch that it takes him around an hour and that's with us both yapping about all kinds of stuff. Bryan is a great guy. I appreciate the level of customer service that he provides. He's there for any questions or help you might need. This was the main reason I went with Sourskittle. When all the numbers were leaning toward the X-37making more power than the Cyborg, I decided to go with Bryan because he's a top notch guy and I haven't regretted my decision in the least. Btw, the Cyborg 39 kicks ass. I'm only on my first revision and at 25psi my car already feels faster than my regular Cyborg at 27psi.

Ish

it was an error during the install. Totally my fault. Knocked the turbine out of balance. This was confirmed today when we took it apart this morning.

I'm just glad we got it handled quickly and got bronx bomber back up and getting tuned.

Not much worse than letting a friend down :(

i can only be mad at myself. Besides a costly mistake for me ( totally around $800 ), it was a mistake that i surely won't be doing again while installing any turbo again, lol.

Lol

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
People are hilarious! Never did I even mention SS. My point is that there is a solution. A no cost solution. All you're paying for is to ship the damn turbo to Lakeland to have the shop go over it and replace the seals if the're bad. Everyone here wants to bitch and moan and cry for a refund, and bitch at Russ for not instantaneously granting refunds. Well no one but F-35 has even bothered to have their turbos checked. There are probably more people bitching and asking for a refund who don't even have their turbo installed, than those that actually have a defective one installed. All I'm saying is , before you start crying that you have a $2,000 paper weight, have the damned thing checked, for free! If seals are bad they get replaced for free, if they're correct then you have peace of mind to install it. Aside from the seal issue, their haven't been any turbo failures to my knowledge. But for those of you that prefer to bitch and moan at Rus for a refund and hope SS burns in hell, enjoy feeling sorry for yourselves. Just trying to point out that there is a solution that no one seem to want to talk about. But then again, I'm just some SS groupie. What do I know. Enjoy.

Ish

True, there's a solution to bad seals but what about turbines falling out of balance? You really think that was an "install error"?
Lol. So yes, a refund still sounds more enticing if you ask me, doesn't surprise me people rather go that route

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Hey. I'm just trying to remind people, since no one seems to be talking much about the free seal correction option, but to each their own.

JasonHaven

Wow... just caught up on all of this. I don't really have a dog in the fight, but I do want to say both Bryan and Russ have been great in answering a couple random questions I had. I was (and still am) hesitant to buy something like this from an individual, vs a company with history, for this exact reason. It's easy to be well intending, and have everything turn to shit, so I don't hold that against Bryan. It sounds like everything kinda sucks for everyone involved. Hopefully in time, things settle down, and everyone is made whole again.

I want to give a shoutout to Russ and DHM for refunding me on my C39 order. DHM got the shit end of the stick on this turbo, and it's not easy to recover from an issue like this.

Russ - I've still got the itch for a new turbo, let me know how to get to 300whp.

Thanks again,

Jason

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Wow... just caught up on all of this. I don't really have a dog in the fight, but I do want to say both Bryan and Russ have been great in answering a couple random questions I had. I was (and still am) hesitant to buy something like this from an individual, vs a company with history, for this exact reason. It's easy to be well intending, and have everything turn to shit, so I don't hold that against Bryan. It sounds like everything kinda sucks for everyone involved. Hopefully in time, things settle down, and everyone is made whole again.
Yeah? What should be held against him is the fact that he deleted friends, and business partners from his Facebook, didn't return calls, didn't respond to texts, etc. It was the ultimate FUCK YOU to everyone. This is what I hold against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.