CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Member ID
^^^Street tires, 200 tread wear autocross, or ?

If you could get that 60' down below 1.9 (yes, I know, easier said than done!) you'd be there and then some. :)

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Member ID
^^^Street tires, 200 tread wear autocross, or ?

If you could get that 60' down below 1.9 (yes, I know, easier said than done!) you'd be there and then some. :)
Tires are federal 595 rsr 205/45/16 tread wear is 140. They are awesome tires for the money.
I don't think the 60' gets much better than this on street tires. I'm going to go down to 15's and slicks eventually

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Member ID
Nice! More than enough to surprise some v8 cars and wrxs.
Just for reference, that's faster than a 3.8l Rspec Genesis coupe, a Nismo 350Z, a 3.7 v6 mustang, V6 Camaro, 2015 Wrx, 2008 mustang GT, 2008 TL type S, Focus ST, 2016 Gti. So it's quicker than a lot of cars on the road. Not too shabby.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Member ID
Thread Starter #1,309
That's it !! I ordered 3.
They are not welded yet though, Monday :)
This one is set for Oklahoma, the other one is set for Germany, and the 3rd one is yours :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Member ID
I'm pretty pumped man. Heard gd things for quite awhile. Setting up a PayPal is causing delays and I feel bad cause I want this turbo and I'm making sour wait. However, he has been more than understanding and a great guy about the whole situation.

Member ID
Great! Alphanumeric, Re-rx7 & BronxBomber. Cyborgs unite FTW!
Oh man I'm so excited for the new turbo. I went to the post office last week to pick up my exhaust...only got the DP they cant find the other half of the package that somehow has the same tracking number. But once that gets found I'll be doing TBE and the cyborg all in one sitting. Wondering when I should actually order the pro-tune from stratified.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Member ID
Oh man I'm so excited for the new turbo. I went to the post office last week to pick up my exhaust...only got the DP they cant find the other half of the package that somehow has the same tracking number. But once that gets found I'll be doing TBE and the cyborg all in one sitting. Wondering when I should actually order the pro-tune from stratified.
I would order it now. You'll need a base tune to drive it around. I ended up using the Cobb stage 3 OTS map till I got my base tune, but apparently you shouldn't use that map according to a few people I spoke to. So best to have your base map ready.

Member ID
Alright, I'll order it as soon as the turbo ships. I'm going to do the exhaust and turbo at once. That DP looks like a pain to install.

Member ID
I would be careful using stratified for tuning, I am not sure if they have tuned any of the cyborgs, but a few tuners have had issues with tuning them. I am personally on my 9th revision with Adam at tune+ for E30 and let me tell you, The car just fly's! And it pulls completely smooth to redline.

Just a little heads up, you guys will enjoy the hell out of the Cyborg, Brian (Sourskittle) is awesome, I still text him months after having my cyborg with questions and general stuff and answers me every time no questions.

Member ID
I would be careful using stratified for tuning, I am not sure if they have tuned any of the cyborgs, but a few tuners have had issues with tuning them. I am personally on my 9th revision with Adam at tune+ for E30 and let me tell you, The car just fly's! And it pulls completely smooth to redline.

Just a little heads up, you guys will enjoy the hell out of the Cyborg, Brian (Sourskittle) is awesome, I still text him months after having my cyborg with questions and general stuff and answers me every time no questions.
Stratified is certainly qualified to tune the cyborg and it will be good to see what a different tuner can do! Theyve been tuning big turbo Focus STs for a while just don't have a strong board presence here. Biggest thing I recommend is being a communication whore when it comes to the back-and-forth with them. You read people praising some tuners for realtime email responses. My experience with Stratified was that it usually took a day to do one back-and-forth [phonecall]

Member ID
Stratified is certainly qualified to tune the cyborg and it will be good to see what a different tuner can do! Theyve been tuning big turbo Focus STs for a while just don't have a strong board presence here. Biggest thing I recommend is being a communication whore when it comes to the back-and-forth with them. You read people praising some tuners for realtime email responses. My experience with Stratified was that it usually took a day to do one back-and-forth [phonecall]
I am not not doubting it one bit! I am actually hope they tune the hell out of the cyborg! I just have not heard of anyone taking one to them to tune. I know people have had issues with a few other tuners tuning the cyborg. I as well had these same issues other had with tuning, I got another tune and it all worked out. I hope they do a good job! I know they make a really decent tune for the fiesta and have a buddy that is tuning with them now with the focus. I was just giving a heads up, do not want to see someone in the same position as I was with the tuning not working out correctly.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Member ID
I am not not doubting it one bit! I am actually hope they tune the hell out of the cyborg! I just have not heard of anyone taking one to them to tune. I know people have had issues with a few other tuners tuning the cyborg. I as well had these same issues other had with tuning, I got another tune and it all worked out. I hope they do a good job! I know they make a really decent tune for the fiesta and have a buddy that is tuning with them now with the focus. I was just giving a heads up, do not want to see someone in the same position as I was with the tuning not working out correctly.
I wouldn't even hesitate to let stratified tune my car. They are some of the smartest and most knowledgable tuners in our market.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Member ID

Bryan is definitely an awesome guy which is one of the reasons I went with the Cyborg. That and he's contributed a lot to our forum and vehicles, also he's the little guy in all this as opposed to some corporate entity. I feel good helping out someone who's trying to help out our community as FiST owners.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Member ID
Hey 15Perf. Just a question, or 2. How much boost max are you seeing on 93 & E30 respectively. Just trying to figure out what I can expect out of the cyborg. I'm waiting for a new wastegate actuator as its only holding boost to 23.5psi. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.