Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch bleed

Is it possible to bleed clutch without bleeding brakes? If so how? Do I need special tool?

OP
shabbyman
Thread Starter #5
okay so my reservoir is full of fluid so what just drain it out somehow not all the way of course then just push the new fluid in?

NOVA_Ranger

U.S. Army Veteran
A good local/indy shop recently quoted me an hour of labor ($150) to flush brake/clutch fluid, using fluid that I have on hand, so I think I'm going to be lazy and let them do it soon. No current issues with clutch or brakes, did have the clutch stick to the floor one time a couple weeks ago but fine otherwise, and just trying to stay ahead of things.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I WISH that I could find a reputable shop around here to do BOTH for that price!

Most quote me at least $180 for just the clutch, and then another $250 minimum for the brakes, using my own fluid and not even counting in 'shop supplies'. [mad]

OP
shabbyman
Thread Starter #10
yeah defiantly should be able to get it done with all the info from that thread yall showed me thanks guys!!! got to get it done asap my fluid is black i just got the car a few months ago so idk when the last time it was done but ive been having issues going into first and reverse...i checked all the shifter links and i did the neutral reset and its good. car goes into every gear no problem when car is not running but when running doesnt want to go into first and reverse its got to be the clutch not disengaging right? once going it goes into every gear no problem just at a stop and really really bad when its cold

NOVA_Ranger

U.S. Army Veteran
I WISH that I could find a reputable shop around here to do BOTH for that price!

Most quote me at least $180 for just the clutch, and then another $250 minimum for the brakes, using my own fluid and not even counting in 'shop supplies'. [mad]
Their initial quote was 2 labor hours and I told them I'd keep it in mind. They hit me up by email a week or two later and said 1 labor hour.

It is one of those jobs where I know I'll say, "I'll just do it myself" then kick myself when something goes sideways and I'm 3-4 hours into it on my day off. Haha

that seems to be how every job I need to do currently feels. If I just know a 45 minute thing is going to take 4 hours because of extraneous crap - just not doing it.