Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch pedal sticking on hills

Hey everybody, so I purchased a 2019 fiesta ST (about 42K miles) in January and had issues right away with the clutch pedal "sticking". The pedal would not come up all the way when I let my foot off of the pedal, coming up to about the half way point of the clutch pedal travel. I took it back to the dealership and when I asked if it could be the slave cylinder they basically told me I'm an idiot for even thinking that is the issue. After leaving the car with them they told me they flushed the clutch/brake fluid and it came out looking dirty and they told me that was probably my issue. Since then the clutch seems to be working just fine until I am on a hill. I can feel the clutch pedal having a difficult time traveling the last 50% of the way up when I release it. It also seems that when it the clutch pedal does eventually get stuck the travel of the pedal is like an inch from the floor and I stall the car due to the "bite point" of the clutch being instant. I then have to pull the clutch pedal up and pump it a few times and after this it seems to work fine for the rest of the drive, hills or not. Is it possible my issue is related to the hill hold assist? Or is it something else? I haven't been able to find much regarding this issue on the forums but if I'm making a duplicate thread please link any that may be of use to me! Thank you everyone.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Sounds like a bad slave cylinder to me
I would agree with that, this issue has been discussed a lot on the Forum and the slave cylinder is generally what the problem is. The problem is that accessing the slave cylinder involves pulling the transmission as I understand it, so the place that you bought it from maybe resisting calling it that for that reason.
It doesn't sound like something that's related to the hill holder, but of course anything is possible.

LucasHigh

Premium Account
I would agree with that, this issue has been discussed a lot on the Forum and the slave cylinder is generally what the problem is. The problem is that accessing the slave cylinder involves pulling the transmission as I understand it, so the place that you bought it from maybe resisting calling it that for that reason.
It doesn't sound like something that's related to the hill holder, but of course anything is possible.
To confirm it does require pulling the transmission currently have mine out right now... haha

LucasHigh

Premium Account
i only have it out right now as I am a dumbass and forgot to buy an alignment tool πŸ’€, But it tooke me and a buddy about 2.5 hours to get it pulled, and that with us taking a pizza break πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

LucasHigh

Premium Account
the slave cylinder itself takes 2 minutes once you have it out fyi
i only have it out right now as I am a dumbass and forgot to buy an alignment tool πŸ’€, But it tooke me and a buddy about 2.5 hours to get it pulled, and that with us taking a pizza break πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚