Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch Pedal sticking to floor

The clutch pedal sometimes will just stick to the floor. It pops right back up and the clutch is fine. I cannot find anything that it is getting caught on. Going to check under the hood again. Wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

Only happens once in a blue moon and it isnt a pressure issue with the clutch as it pops back out with the flick of your foot and the clutch functions fine.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Check your master cylinder for leaks. From what I understand (I’ve never personally experienced this) it could be a leaking master or slave cylinder. Unfortunately the slave cylinder is in the transmission so it’s harder to check.
Also it’s not a bad idea to bleed the clutch system while you’re messing with it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF you can see no leaks/problems around the master cylinder, try flushing out/bleeding the clutch system totally first (as FiestaSTdude says above) before tearing into the transmission to change the slave cylinder.

How many, and what type (stop and go/highway/etc.) of miles are on the car now?

If you must change out the slave, and go through all of that bother (DIY) or expense (shop doing the labor), you might as well change out the flywheel, and whole clutch assembly (as well as adding a limited slip diff IF you ever wanted to/planned to do that) at that time.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hw many more of these God dam threads do we have to have? Please search before starting a new one......

Not to sure if anyone as mentioned it, buying a whole new clutch pedal assembly worked for me. I had synchro ring failures so I also swapped trans and then did the clutch pedal and works perfectly. But I’m getting a p1299 code so car is in limp mode right when I get the clutch in working order :(

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not to sure if anyone as mentioned it, buying a whole new clutch pedal assembly worked for me. I had synchro ring failures so I also swapped trans and then did the clutch pedal and works perfectly. But I’m getting a p1299 code so car is in limp mode right when I get the clutch in working order :(
You do know you can buy just the Clutch master and take your old one of the pedal* I did it and it was like $35

You do know you can buy just the Clutch master and take your old one of the pedal* I did it and it was like $35
Yes sir I’m very aware, I've done that install about 5 times before I changed my clutch pedal and it started acting right. Right on fordparts.com one of the reasons to buy a new assembly is bc it’s another common issue for the clutch pedal spring to not retain its normal path, and thus creates a cycle of installing a new master and then the clutch pedal breaking its seal and now you are back where you were. Just saying if you are having the same issues and the ford dealer replaced your master 5 times like that one dude. Worked for me 🤷‍♂️