Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch pedal sticks

I have a problem with my clutch pedal sticking to the floor occasionally. Started first when getting a lot of use, like driving in town with a lot of stops and starts. Sometimes it will release normally until it has fully released then the last of free travel return to position slowly or with a delay. Functions normally when initially driving but with use starts acting up. Sometime with it actually sticking to the floor and I have had to pull over and pull it up by hand. Any idea why, took it to the dealer and they could not duplicate the issue. Bad or fatigued return spring is the only thing I can think of. Totally stock 2019 with 40,000 miles.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm having the same issue with my 2019 with about 40K miles. I believe its the slave cylinder that is going bad.
That's what it is, but, it might pay to have the clutch (which is brake fluid) fluid flushed out and replaced first, as most DO NOT ever do this maintenance, even after many years of ownership, and there is an outside (like one in a hundred) chance that this might cure the problem.

Of course, if the shop or dealer is going to charge you exorbitant amounts (some up to $300.00!!) to do this relatively simple procedure, as some DO (IF you are incapable of doing it yourself due to lack of tools/skills, or not being allowed to work on your car at all, at home) you might as well take that coin and put it towards replacing the slave cylinder, as well as the clutch and possibly flywheel since you are already tearing everything apart at that point. [wink]