Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch Slave Cylinder Failure Used or New - Fiesta ST - DG9Z-7A564-B - Report it

Well, all of a sudden the problem started again today. Now it’s hard to drive. 44K miles. Is the clutch slave considered a part of the drivetrain?
Just switched out my clutch, flywheel and, slave cylinder set because the spring on the bearing decided to come off and wrap itself on the pressure plate

PunkST

2000 Post Club
At 124807 miles, car decided to do the sticky clutch pedal again in 20 degree weather. So it isnt heat on my car. Again clutch acted normally every shift afterward. 🤔

I wonder if its the spring on the TOB causing the issue. Like it loses its rate from heat and use...

FiestaTime

I have a 2015 fiesta st with about 45000 miles on it. The same thing happened to me, my clutch would not come up. I managed to get it to a ford dealership and it was repaired under warrenty. About a week after i got it back i was unable to shift at higher rpm. I would have to coast down to about 2k rpm to shift. No noises , no grinding just would not shift. Its currently at the shop and they are telling me they don't know what it is. Anyone has any advice?

Last edited:

chinmayb

My 2017 started having issues of the pedal not returning all the way at about 38,000 miles. This only occurs after driving at highway speeds for at least 20 minutes or more. Car still shifts fine, clutch doesn’t slip, the pedal comes partway up, and I can lift it with my foot.

It cools down after getting off the highway and returns to normal. I’m sure this is heat related, as it corresponds to the oil temps always being higher at highway speeds.

I have around 43,000 miles now, and am considering taking it to the dealer to see what they say.
I have the exact same issue on my car, where after driving on highway for 30 minutes without shifting (no clutch use) the clutch travel drops to the floor. I have to pump the clutch multiple times (4-5 times) to get it back up to the original pressure point.
The dealer said everything is okay and no issues with the clutch (obviously).

Have you taken your car to dealer yet?

Thank you for the feedback.

For anyone reporting this, I understand most have had the vehicle looked over but recently has anyone in this thread checked around their clutch pedal with a camera to see if any moisture may be seeping through? By this I mean EVEN THE SLIGHTEST of liquids?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I'll be checking this weekend. Car did it to me today. First 50 degree day this year and pedal stuck down part way. Then sprang back super hard.

I have the exact same issue on my car, where after driving on highway for 30 minutes without shifting (no clutch use) the clutch travel drops to the floor. I have to pump the clutch multiple times (4-5 times) to get it back up to the original pressure point.
The dealer said everything is okay and no issues with the clutch (obviously).

Have you taken your car to dealer yet?

Thank you for the feedback.
Took it to the dealer, and it was out of warranty so they wouldn’t fix it. Parked it for a week, and when I drove it again it was fine. Now at 54,744 miles it finally quit. Waiting for a tow.

I realize this is an older thread, but my 2016 FiST with 65k miles started exhibiting the clutch pedal to floor symptom. Did a full flush with the specified low viscosity brake fluid to no avail. Taking it in to local mechanic on Friday, will report back with what the total cost ends up being. And will fill out survey once the exact cause is determined.

Edit - it's interesting how much backlash OP received for posting this thread. I thought the original post was very thoughtfully written.