Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch Slave Cylinder Failure Used or New - Fiesta ST - DG9Z-7A564-B - Report it

OP
R

Redty

Premium Account
Thread Starter #23
Again, if you have had a slave cylinder or clutch master cylinder failure happen, new replacement, low mileage failure or otherwise, report it here as a reply, and additionally, take time to report it at https://www.nhtsa.gov/ and https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Fiesta/ also.
Report Year, Mileage, general area of the country you are in, and any correlation that you might think might give clues, like right after a really couple of hot days, etc.
Poll added here in warranty forum https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/clutch-related-issues-poll-fiesta-st.25566/ select Year, issue(s), repair(s) all that apply.

kivnul

My replacement slave is leaking (replaced original since I already had the transmission down.) My sons replacement slave failed like the OP's (his original clutch disk failed, replaced slave since he already had the transmission down). Both were done at a Ford Dealer.

Cant be any worse than what ive got now.
I came to the Fiesta party because my '14 WRX hatch blew a motor after 30k miles. There was a class action lawsuit. Still kinda freaked out that I drove all the way to Deadhorse on the Dalton with that thing the winter before.

PunkST

1000 Post Club
I came to the Fiesta party because my '14 WRX hatch blew a motor after 30k miles. There was a class action lawsuit. Still kinda freaked out that I drove all the way to Deadhorse on the Dalton with that thing the winter before.
I know 09-14 had issues with factory tuning having the afr wander on part throttle cruise, killing engines, and apparently weak rings. So ive been told to avoid those years.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I know 09-14 had issues with factory tuning having the afr wander on part throttle cruise, killing engines, and apparently weak rings. So ive been told to avoid those years.
You're talking about the latency they had between closed and open loop modes, it was done to meet emissions standards and caused so many issues. A simple tune (even like a stage 0) makes up for this and vastly improves the reliability. All Subaru 2.5L Turbo engines have shitty piston ringlands. Who knows why we never got the better EJ207 2.0L engine.

PunkST

1000 Post Club
I think so? I know my st is doing it as well now for about 30 seconds if im driving while its still not fully warmed. Didnt do it till this year too 🤕. ( cobb stage 1 tune )