Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

COBB Accesport

Hey Y'ALL!

So I want to buy a COBB AP for my 2019 Ford Fiesta ST. Thing is, its still under ford factory warranty even though I bought the car second hand (dope right?).

But anyway, if I COBB tune the car, and the car needs to be brought into service, will the techs be able to tell that the car has been tuned? If so, will it void the the engine warranty, the drivetrain warranty, or not at all?

I got mixed results from our glorious internet so I wanted some answers from y'all too, as I'm new to the Fiesta scene.

Thanks so much!

-J

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Hey Y'ALL!

So I want to buy a COBB AP for my 2019 Ford Fiesta ST. Thing is, its still under ford factory warranty even though I bought the car second hand (dope right?).

But anyway, if I COBB tune the car, and the car needs to be brought into service, will the techs be able to tell that the car has been tuned? If so, will it void the the engine warranty, the drivetrain warranty, or not at all?

I got mixed results from our glorious internet so I wanted some answers from y'all too, as I'm new to the Fiesta scene.

Thanks so much!

-J
By driving it they could tell. It's faster... No warranty bust unless it can be proven it caused the issue. Of course it would come down to their ASE mechanic vs. you. Or Ford vs. You.

Search web for

The Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act is a United States federal law. Enacted in 1975, the federal statute governs warranties on consumer products. The law does not require any product to have a warranty, but if it does have a warranty, the warranty must comply with this law.

I heavily modified my Volvo and they didn't like it, but my mods never caused the issues it had.

Read my signature for my 2019's mods. I'm not worried.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
The bottom line is that yes, it possibly can void the power train portion of the warranty and yes they can tell if its tuned. Just so some research...all of this information is out there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk