Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb Ap not allowing me to do launch control

Lettuce

Hello, So I am running a V3 Cobb Accessport on my 2016 Fiesta st, the cobb is running a stage 1 91 oct/ 95 RON- on a V506- I can't get it to work with all the videos I have tried and I have also tried switching maps, am I missing something- hold the CC ON button while throttling, yet it just red lines, my soft cut is at 5500, and my hard cut at 2500.
Background: this is an auction car- it came with an intercooler, COBB Stage 3 kit and was tuned by PWNALL before it was sold (stickers from the company and COBB emblems) the person sold the intake and the AP but unmarried the car before selling (Thank god).
Mod List:
turbo back exhaust (exhaust kit COBB)
rear motor mount
intercooler
Turbosmart BOV

P.S. side question: can I run a stage 2 91 oct/98 RON map without an aftermarket intake/drop-in filter

~Thank you

Make sure cruise control is off, clutch in and accelerator has to be 100%. You dont have to hold the cruise "SET -" button, its optional for hard launch. I have never held it, just made sure cruise control turned off and gas/clutch both to floor.

Make sure cruise control is off, clutch in and accelerator has to be 100%. You dont have to hold the cruise "SET -" button, its optional for hard launch. I have never held it, just made sure cruise control turned off and gas/clutch both to floor.
@Gutling is spot on. Cruise Control must be off as well as "Set -" being for the optional hard launch. I have played with it to see if it works but never felt the need to launch from 4k (where mine is set). For SA, on Mountunes tune, as well as Edge Autosports tune (I've run both) the cruise must be off for flat foot shifting as well as launch control. Even if the map is set for LC and FFS cruise being turned 'on' kills those functions. It is now a habit: if I expect to play or am going to use LC/FFS to hit the cruise-off button a few times like a nervous tick to make sure they're active. Nothing like going to flat foot shift and your RPMs go sky-high, ha.

Youtube isn't a bad idea. For those that want to read the AP docs and actual instructions. See ( https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wi...eatures+Using+Launch+Control+on+Ford+Vehicles ).

Fiesta ST
  1. Bring vehicle to a complete stop.
  2. Fully depress the clutch pedal.
  3. (Optional for harder launch from higher RPM) Press and hold the Cruise Control "SET - " button.
  4. Press the accelerator pedal to the floor quickly, vehicle will hold at 4000 rpm.
  5. Release the clutch, and after you start moving release "SET - " cruise control button.
Available Adjustments,When And Why To Adjust :
Shifting RPM Limit

1. Go to "Tune" Menu
  2. Select "Adjustments
  3. Select "Change LC Limit" either Hard Cut (Which is a fuel cut and must be lower than soft cut) or Soft Cut (Which is a throttle cut, and must be higher than Hard cut)
  4. Adjust to whatever RPM desired and then click the center button to save those changes.