Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

*Cobb Redline Carbon intake*

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Does anyone own one with a BT setup? If so was the intake pipe coupler large enough for the inlet in the Turbo? If not what did you end up doing? Trying to get things lined up if i purchase one and need to get a different coupler instead of the one that come with the kit.

COBB Tuning - Ford Redline Carbon Fiber Intake System Fiesta ST 2014-2019

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Does anyone own one with a BT setup? If so was the intake pipe coupler large enough for the inlet in the Turbo? If not what did you end up doing? Trying to get things lined up if i purchase one and need to get a different coupler instead of the one that come with the kit.

D-Resonant and I specifically opted for the non Carbon version because of that coupler . Our Turbos have 2.75 inlets and came with an adapter to 2.5 we figured finding a coupler in that particular shape in the aftermarket due to its angle would be real hard to find in a 2.75 inch opening. On the other hand with the non Carbon one we were able to get a short tube( because the curve is in the crossover tube unlike the Carbon One) and a 2.75 to 3 inch hose. thereby eliminating the 3 inch to 2.5 inch back to 2.75 inch bottle neck.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
I wrote Cobb and asked them directly as Akira did also in the Thread on the product page. Also asked them if they offered an option to facilitate my needs with a BT.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #4
D-Resonant and I specifically opted for the non Carbon version because of that coupler . Our Turbos have 2.75 inlets and came with an adapter to 2.5 we figured finding a coupler in that particular shape in the aftermarket due to its angle would be real hard to find in a 2.75 inch opening. On the other hand with the non Carbon one we were able to get a short tube( because the curve is in the crossover tube unlike the Carbon One) and a 2.75 to 3 inch hose. thereby eliminating the 3 inch to 2.5 inch back to 2.75 inch bottle neck.
Is it a 3 inch tube for the intake pipe like Whoosh and Ramairs version? i like the idea as i can use my ST200 lower box half.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Is it a 3 inch tube for the intake pipe like Whoosh and Ramairs version? i like the idea as i can use my ST200 lower box half.
The Whoosh and Ramair are 2.75 . The COBB is a 3 inch . It’s the largest aftermarket crossover pipe made for our cars. I used my ST200 box bottom as well.

I called them about it as well as I originally did want the Carbon one they explained that it was a lot less expensive to design it the way they did as it is a full Carbon pipe which I am sure a bent Carbon tube would have cost a lot more. They basically told me that the heat saving differences between the Carbon and non Carbon were negligible the Carbon one was mainly for the bling factor. It does look good but you pay close to $300 more for that.
Had it not been for the odd angle elbow tube that reduced to 2.5 I might have bought the Carbon.
As it is it’s still a real clean nice looking intake compared to most crossover tubes that hook up the stock or aftermarket intake tube then to your air cleaner. They did not look bad either this is just more complete looking like it might have come from the factory like this.

Last edited:
OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
The Whoosh and Ramair are 2.75 . The COBB is a 3 inch . It’s the largest aftermarket crossover pipe made for our cars. I used my ST200 box bottom as well.
Might buy it and remedy the coupler from the Turbo to the intake pipe. ATP has an assortment of couplers that may work. Then use a metal sleeve inside the couple to join them. Like this coupler below....

Transition Hose 2.75" to 3" - silicone Hose : atpturbo.com

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Might buy it and remedy the coupler from the Turbo to the intake pipe. ATP has an assortment of couplers that may work. Then use a metal sleeve inside the couple to join them. Like this coupler below....

Transition Hose 2.75" to 3" - silicone Hose : atpturbo.com
that is exactly what I did along with a short 2.75 inch pipe to connect to the Turbo technics 2.75 hose coming off my turbo inlet. image.jpg a pic I took before putting it in.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I grabbed something similar to this although my situation is different with a whoosh and airtec elbow. Mine also isn't bead rolled but if I end up using it should be able to find a place to bead roll it.

Attachments

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran

If you go redline I may hit you up to clarify the small hose routing as the instructions left me scratching my head a bit.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Yup just the longer portion of hose for the 14/15...from the...."instructions"
I found the instructions head scratching as well but pretty much laid it out in the bay and looked at thing and figured it out. was tricky as you have to disconnect the factory line from the cold side pipe and attach the COBB line so you can attach the t fitting to the other factory line and then the COBB hose snakes around to the back side.
So I had what you have as my car is a 2018.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I found the instructions head scratching as well but pretty much laid it out in the bay and looked at thing and figured it out. was tricky as you have to disconnect the factory line from the cold side pipe and attach the COBB line so you can attach the t fitting to the other factory line and then the COBB hose snakes around to the back side.
So I had what you have as my car is a 2018.
Ill be bugging you when I go to do it most likely.