Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb v103: More power higher up

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21
Is this what is happening under ffs conditions? Only the revs hold before shooting up.
No, this is just normal driving. The issue existed in v101 and v102 before FFS was added. I can just be driving normally, shifting at 3k and when I depress the clutch (my foot is off the throttle) the RPMs hold for half a second before dropping.

On stock (Ford) tune, the RPMs drop immediately as I release the throttle, making it easier to shift at a more natural speed. Otherwise, on tune, I'm forced to shift super slow to match revs.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Ahh. Maybe you could video v0 vs v103. Be nice to see it. Also ill try to see it today on my car.

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
Is v0 a direct copy of stock?

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
yea, it allows you to use the AP to read boost and such while running stock conditions. correct me if im wrong.

What I gather from this log is that during a WOT to WOT gear shift you are seeing ~200rpm increases as the throttle is lifted between the shift. This is normal as the time from you pulling off the throttle and the throttle actually closing is going to take a brief moment before falling. This is part of the Decel Fuel Shut Off (DFSO) logic, as well as a mechanical phenomenon associated with engine inertia. How does it look during normal lower RPM shifts?

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
How does it look during normal lower RPM shifts?
I hadn't recorded "normal driving" yet, but it has a similar hold (not increase). When I get my car back from Ford service I'll do some normal "easy driving" data logs both in Stage 1 and Stage 0 so we can compare.

I'll let you know when I get my car back and I have logs ready to share. Thanks!