Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Codes p0035 & P219A

Check engine light came on after hitting a bump on the freeway, I got a atp kit installed with the 2860r turbo tial bov & wastegate upgraded. I checked the accesport and told me what the codes were 0035-turbo charger bypass valve A circuit high & 219A- AFR air fuel ratio bank 1) while tuning on my first revision I was reading very low psi, so I got my pre load adjusted to the correct amount, boost shot up to 18 then 19 after my next revision, after the 3rd my psi reading didn’t go up, meaning we have no control of the boost and tuner told me the check all the work on the boost control solenoid, could all this be tied together? Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Who is your tuner? The tuner will need to deactivate the BPV code as you now have a BOV. Check and make sure your Map Tap is seated correctly with the engine and the sensor itself. Also check the upstream O2 sensor...make sure its plugged in and look for roasted wires*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
C
Thread Starter #4
Who is your tuner? The tuner will need to deactivate the BPV code as you now have a BOV. Check and make sure your Map Tap is seated correctly with the engine and the sensor itself. Also check the upstream O2 sensor...make sure its plugged in and look for roasted wires*

Thanks for your help will do!

Se7eN

First code is cause on the ATP kit you don't use the stock BOV so the Tuner can erase that code for you or get one of those Plugs that erases the code.

On ATP kits it's very important to tighten and recheck on the Vband and all that. Make sure your Boost Solenoid is connected correctly caust if it's not it will not change boost. Also make sure the lines are not ruptured.

OP
C
Thread Starter #6
Update- the codes went away after my tuner provided me with a new tune, also I took the car back to the shop that installed the kit to inspect and they found a hole in one of the boost control lines so they replaced and re routed the line and insulated , the car no longer makes a hissing noise when going wot which I thought was the bov relieving the excess boost, and seems to spool up quite faster, but still only reading 18.65 psi max still , any idea guys?): thanks!!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Still running off the wastegate spring is my guess*

OP
C
Thread Starter #8
The shop ended up replacing the spring for the higher rated one when they corrected the pre load adjustment, think I should look into that again?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well the tuner usually only runs off of wastegate actuator spring pressure and gradually increases the boost from there. You don't just see 28psi immediately.

OP
C
Thread Starter #10
I understand, from the 2nd revision to the 3rd from my tuner the boost psi didn’t go up at all, so of course something was wrong and I thought it was that hole in the boost control line but still no difference after reflashing the tune again. Just waiting on my tuner to respond as well to see what he thinks

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I understand, from the 2nd revision to the 3rd from my tuner the boost psi didn’t go up at all, so of course something was wrong and I thought it was that hole in the boost control line but still no difference after reflashing the tune again. Just waiting on my tuner to respond as well to see what he thinks

It took my Tuner a couple of logs before we started to turn up the boost if that helps any* I Run the same setup as yoy also! Just remember that just bought every tuner has their hands full and tuning takes time. Better to take it slow than to go to fast and make a lawn ornament!

Last edited:
OP
C
Thread Starter #13
Ah nice thanks for the info brother appreciate it, and I plan on running the XDI fuel pump when I get the funds ! You going aux?

Se7eN

Update- the codes went away after my tuner provided me with a new tune, also I took the car back to the shop that installed the kit to inspect and they found a hole in one of the boost control lines so they replaced and re routed the line and insulated , the car no longer makes a hissing noise when going wot which I thought was the bov relieving the excess boost, and seems to spool up quite faster, but still only reading 18.65 psi max still , any idea guys?): thanks!!
you still have to make sure it is connected the right way. They might have fixed the hose but might have connected it wrong so it still wont work right.