Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Complete Powerflex motor mount bushing review

I got these a while ago but couldnt have them installed. Ford quoted me 7hrs of labor. Ya right eh! Nonetheless, I got in my trusted mechanic today. He says its a nice bit of kit.
The inserts were in a rough shape. The ST sits at 67,000km.

Roll restrictor, passenger upper, and transmission mount

The install took two hrs. No more jerking from 1-2, barely any engine movement noticable. No increase of noise or vibration. Just a slight vibe going uphill.

Car is planted, transmission seems to have gained in precision and its quite a bit smoother. Torque steer is almost all gone

These are the street insert. Highly recommended.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

haste

1000 Post Club
I likey.

I drove my buddies '15 ST that has original passenger trans/side engine mounts and a Cobb rear mount(roll restrictor). His clutch felt grainy and the overall drivetrain felt mushy. Coincidentally, we both have almost the EXACT same mileage on our STs., approx 90K(miles) each. He has a Cobb rear mount that was installed within a couple thousand miles of my CPE mount, each at 3k-5k original miles. I also have my original tranny/passenger side mounts.

I have to say my overall drivetrain feeling is waaaaaay better than his, and he agrees. Much tighter and better driver engagement. Nothing visually or obviously wrong with his Cobb mount.

Just wanted to leave that here. CPE may be the harsher mount, but damn it lives forever.

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
Maybe a case can be made to use the harder inserts as these are not noticeable in NVH. If you needed a compromise, the race insert vs solid mounts would be a very good place to start for little money

green_henry

1000 Post Club
The passenger-side pineapple slice has been problematic for me. The original O-ring snapped or dissolved -- not sure, but it went completely missing. I replaced it with a zip tie, which seemed to be working fine, but when I inspected it before my most recent track day, it too had gone missing; even worse, the pineapple had shifted halfway out of the mount.

Because the passenger-side mount seems to undergo a lot of stress, I decided to replace it with the cp-e mount (I recently replaced my Mountune RMM with a cp-e RMM and am happy with it). Uninstalled, it seems really beefy (in a good way). I plan to install it this weekend and will report back.

For a daily driver, I think the pineapple slice is fine, but if you plan to track the car, make sure to inspect it on a regular basis or upgrade the entire mount.

No complaints about the transmission mount inserts That implementation seems fool-proof.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I also went with the street inserts on brand new upper mounts a few months ago to compliment a hi mileage cobb RMM. I adore the way my car shifts now. NVH well within tolerable. I've also updated the bushings at the shifter and the tranny which I'm sure added to the firm, snickity snick engagement. No shifter I've ever driven has even come close to being this smooth and direct feeling. And I just recently added an ND2 Miata to the fleet. I'm sure you all know how much praise that shifter gets. My FiST still shifts waaayy better than even the legendary Miata!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The passenger-side pineapple slice has been problematic for me. The original O-ring snapped or dissolved -- not sure, but it went completely missing. I replaced it with a zip tie, which seemed to be working fine, but when I inspected it before my most recent track day, it too had gone missing; even worse, the pineapple had shifted halfway out of the mount.

Because the passenger-side mount seems to undergo a lot of stress, I decided to replace it with the cp-e mount (I recently replaced my Mountune RMM with a cp-e RMM and am happy with it). Uninstalled, it seems really beefy (in a good way). I plan to install it this weekend and will report back.

For a daily driver, I think the pineapple slice is fine, but if you plan to track the car, make sure to inspect it on a regular basis or upgrade the entire mount.

No complaints about the transmission mount inserts That implementation seems fool-proof.
They offered a Better quality O-Ring for a while that would last also*

haste

1000 Post Club
I also went with the street inserts on brand new upper mounts a few months ago to compliment a hi mileage cobb RMM. I adore the way my car shifts now. NVH well within tolerable. I've also updated the bushings at the shifter and the tranny which I'm sure added to the firm, snickity snick engagement. No shifter I've ever driven has even come close to being this smooth and direct feeling. And I just recently added an ND2 Miata to the fleet. I'm sure you all know how much praise that shifter gets. My FiST still shifts waaayy better than even the legendary Miata!
Totally agree. I've driven manual vehicles my entire life and the FiST definitely feels amazing. It's crazy how an "econobox" like the FiST can have such a great shifting feel. It's buttery smooth, accurate, and light. I really wanna know how it feels with the coolerworx shifter...

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Totally agree. I've driven manual vehicles my entire life and the FiST definitely feels amazing. It's crazy how an "econobox" like the FiST can have such a great shifting feel. It's buttery smooth, accurate, and light. I really wanna know how it feels with the coolerworx shifter...
It's magical right?! Lol It's one of the main reasons I'm keeping her...if only I had that s280 too. I would never get the coolerworx. Aside from the too tall aesthetics, that cost goes a long way towards my turbo upgrade.

These powerflex inserts on new oems will do just fine with an s280. I don't hammer on my cars anymore these days.

Last edited:
OP
C
Thread Starter #9
Update: the amount of confidence under hard driving is really impressive. I can a
accelerate harder out of turns with traction in sport mode and inducing oversteers is now a thing. Very cool!!

I have a Torque Solutions RMM and both yellow inserts done on my car. Also have the symposer hose plugged and the noise transmitted into the cabin after the mounts is bonkers. It almost sounds like I have an exhaust done on the car but it’s stock. Although I do have quite a bit of vibration in the car if I have the AC on. So much that I hear the hood vibrating at idle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I have a Torque Solutions RMM and both yellow inserts done on my car. Also have the symposer hose plugged and the noise transmitted into the cabin after the mounts is bonkers. It almost sounds like I have an exhaust done on the car but it’s stock. Although I do have quite a bit of vibration in the car if I have the AC on. So much that I hear the hood vibrating at idle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought some backer rod at Lowes and ran it between the liner and the hood ... no more rattles.