Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Contemplating an ST

OP

3diamondS

Thread Starter #21
That’s a nice collection of cars. I was cross shopping for a S2k when I went with the FiST. I had booster seats in the back for a little while so I think car seats will work fine. Being a 4 door hatch it will work better than say a FRS for getting the kids out. I thought this through before buying too. I wanted a sporty car with practically of a hatchback. I feel I got both with this car. I do also have Honda minivan that I use for most family duties.

2017 Ford Fiesta ST, Shadow Black, Recaro seats, Mountune RMM, Swift springs, 5mm rear spacers, Falken 615+ tires
Thank you. I'm almost 41yo and adore cars of all sorts. It took a lot of hard work to obtain the cars and I'm very thankful. I also have an understanding wife 😄

OP

3diamondS

Thread Starter #22
HUGE issue? Yeah. Not buying one is a huge issue.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Hell yeah, dude! I'm on the hunt. Ford has some really cool color options available. Its hard to choose. I think I'll find the newest with lowest miles and recaros available. They sell fast. Carvana seems to sell them like hot cakes.

Why is no one mentioning the suspension changes?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Oh this was a big miss on our end, good catch here.

I believe after 2015 or 2016 (I forget the model year) suspensions came with softer dampers, and stiffer front sway bar, unsure if the rear twist beam was made stiffer as well. This made the car handle a bit better and made it a bit more comfortable

SrsBsns

Wow, this forum is great 👍 thank you all for the replies. Very helpful. I think this car will be a future classic and I'm quite positive I will love it. Yes, the evo recaros don't fit me well if I'm north of 200lbs. Its also a tad hard to get in and out of the car due to the side bolsters. Always extra careful. The Fiesta ST recieves so much praise. I love cars that offer fun first and foremost. Wish me luck on finding one. I'm sure it is a high quality build from Ford. Their ST cars are all nice to look at and are fantastic bargains. My evo is very special to me as is the Honda, both are in the same vein as the ST, purpose built. I would love to add one to the stable.
That's awesome, you'll be happy if you do.

There are a lot of good cars that pop up for sale here on the forum, just depends on the timing. If you're patient, you might want to wait for the next deal to pop up here.

There have been a lot of stories of people with faster cars, like Focus ST or RS guys that have switched to the FiST because of the way it drives. Big difference between magazine racing and really driving a car and the FiST is a great example of that. Good luck with the hunt, this forum has been a goldmine of information for me since I picked mine up 3 years ago. Lot of helpful people, especially since the demographic of the Fiesta tends to skew a little older.

Looking at your collection of cars I think the FiST would be a great addition. It is an economy car so the interior quality is not the best but I have no issues with mine. I'm a larger guy 6'2" 240 the Recaros were a little too tight for comfort but would love the heated seat option. the car is extremely "tossable" and feels even more so with a lighter set of wheels. A car seat is doable. Very reliable car, the blend door is pretty common but is 1 12 part and not that difficult to fix. I'm a car guy myself and really enjoy the car as DD for a 100 mile round trip a day. Tuned 93 I get 33-35 mpgs with cruise set at 75 mph.

Welcome to the club! I also come from having owned a variety of sports and sporty cars (including the S2K) and the FiST absolutely doesn’t disappoint in the fun department. It’s a fabulous canyon carver on tight technical backroads. I also have kids and it will handle a backwards facing baby seat and a forward facing seat with no problem as long as you’re able to slide the passenger seat forward. I’m 5’10” 160lbs and the Recaros were essential, but the fit is also highly dependent on your body type so you might want to try before you buy. I know some folks find them unbearable but I love them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
yumdumpster Off Topic Discussions 7