Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Corbeau Seat Anyone?

I've been thinking about upgrading the front seats in my 2017 ST. I was considering these as a good kind of daily driving seat/race seat. I don't daily drive it in the winter because I have a kick ass $500 mazda 3 for a winter beater lol. Check them out and send the opinions.https://corbeau.com/sportline-evolution/

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
We've got an FX1 Pro in our track fiesta. Its great but not comfortable for more than a 4 hour drive. A lot of their stuff looks like Braum copies, or vice versa, strange.

OP
ronniec687
Thread Starter #3
We've got an FX1 Pro in our track fiesta. Its great but not comfortable for more than a 4 hour drive. A lot of their stuff looks like Braum copies, or vice versa, strange.
That is good to know. The max I've ever driven the car was 4.5hrs back from where i bought it in Pennsylvania. I usually don't drive for more then an hour straight. Do you have any pics?

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Nice! Anyone who raves about those budget Recaros that come in these Fiesta's, has never sat in a Chrono. Lol
Fingers crossed that that is true for me as well. Bought one first and will likely buy a 2nd if it's decent or go fixed.

TemecFist

Fingers crossed that that is true for me as well. Bought one first and will likely buy a 2nd if it's decent or go fixed.
Take my advice. Stick with the Chrono's and dont go fixed. Going fixed opens up a whole nother can of worms such as you would never want to run a fixed seat without at least a roll bar.

TemecFist

Would these be comfortable for daily driving, or overkill? Also, do you just have to deal with an airbag light or what?
Yes! These are great for daily driving!!! You do have to deal with an airbag light, but it's super easy. There is a write up on it. These are light years ahead of the factory Recaros. The only reason people swoon over the Recaros, is because that's the only option. If the Sparcos were an option as well, people would not be swooning over the Recaros, but would want the Sparcos instead. Main reason I didnt get the Recaro option is because I knew that I would be putting in better seats than those Recaros.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Take my advice. Stick with the Chrono's and dont go fixed. Going fixed opens up a whole nother can of worms such as you would never want to run a fixed seat without at least a roll bar.
I think we've discussed this in another thread but my age has gotten the best of me. I plan to run the Chrono with a QuickFit harness until I can pass the car off to a builder who I already have lined up. I'll have him do a weld-in custom half cage and a sunroof delete. But the winter has gotten away from me so it might not happen until the Fall.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes! These are great for daily driving!!! You do have to deal with an airbag light, but it's super easy. There is a write up on it. These are light years ahead of the factory Recaros. The only reason people swoon over the Recaros, is because that's the only option. If the Sparcos were an option as well, people would not be swooning over the Recaros, but would want the Sparcos instead. Main reason I didnt get the Recaro option is because I knew that I would be putting in better seats than those Recaros.
IF the Sparcos were an airbag equipped, right from the factory option, I would have GLADLY paid an extra $2500.00 for them! [wink]

Whereas I would not pay a penny extra for the over-hyped, 'name status' Recs. [thumb] [wink]

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I absolutely get why the Recaros were 2k. Heated front seats, very well built front and rear seats with airbags. Had to be waranteed and still enough margin for Ford and Recaro to make money. $2k as a factory option was fair for what you got - it just was not worth it to me personally.

TemecFist

IF the Sparcos were an airbag equipped, right from the factory option, I would have GLADLY paid an extra $2500.00 for them! [wink]

Whereas I would not pay a penny extra for the over-hyped, 'name status' Recs. [thumb] [wink]
Have you ever sat in one of the Sparco Chronos?

TemecFist

I absolutely get why the Recaros were 2k. Heated front seats, very well built front and rear seats with airbags. Had to be waranteed and still enough margin for Ford and Recaro to make money. $2k as a factory option was fair for what you got - it just was not worth it to me personally.
Me neither, especially considering I paid $1k for a better seat. If I wanted heaters, butt massagers, and fluff toys, I would have picked a different car. It was also just funny for me to see a heated Recaro seat, in a car that was filled up with THE cheapest plastic known to man

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Have you ever sat in one of the Sparco Chronos?
You totally misread what I posted, as I was AGREEING with you 1000%!! (And NOT praising/justifying the Recaros which I called 'Recs'.) [wink]

I was merely stating that I would have joyously paid for a Sparco factory option alternative, but did not even consider the Recaros. [:)]

I have sat in the R100s, R600s, and various other Sparco fixed seats, as well as both recliners and fixed shells from other companies, but mostly in motorsport safety supplier showrooms, not mounted in cars.

I did have a Recaro SPD (the forerunner of their current 'Speed' recliner), and it was comfy, and not overly confining, but it literally FELL APART within 3 years of installation, and co$t over $900.00 to get into the car 15 years ago (a 4th gen Z28), and they FLAT OUT REFUSED to warranty it, or even sell me replacement covers or cushions to fix it myself. [mad]

Hence, part of my distaste for, and mistrust of their brand. [:(]

Last edited:

TemecFist

You totally misread what I posted, as I was AGREEING with you 1000%!! (And NOT praising/justifying the Recaros which I called 'Recs'.) [wink]

I was merely stating that I would have joyously paid for a Sparco factory option alternative, but did not even consider the Recaros. [:)]

I have sat in the R100s, R600s, and various other Sparco fixed seats, as well as both recliners and fixed shells from other companies, but mostly in motorsport safety supplier showrooms, not mounted in cars.

I did have a Recaro SPD (the forerunner of their current 'Speed' recliner), and it was comfy, and not overly confining, but it literally FELL APART within 3 years of installation, and co$t over $900.00 to get into the car 15 years ago (a 4th gen Z28), and they FLAT OUT REFUSED to warranty it, or even sell me replacement covers or cushions to fix it myself. [mad]

Hence, part of my distaste for, and mistrust of their brand. [:(]
Ah!! I def misread what you were saying. Sorry about that M-sport. I will say this about the Recaros, the only positive side to them (from my pov).....is for resale value. They definitely do make the car easier to sell, and for more money.
That sucks about your Recaro, glad to see someone else that isnt a big fan of them tho.

I can understand. That's why I wanted a slightly used one with mint recaros to offset the cost. Mine had 14k with mint recaros for 17k. I love them!

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Me neither, especially considering I paid $1k for a better seat. If I wanted heaters, butt massagers, and fluff toys, I would have picked a different car. It was also just funny for me to see a heated Recaro seat, in a car that was filled up with THE cheapest plastic known to man
Yup I get it. I paid $432 for a single Chrono so it's a no brainier at that price point. Also I lived in the Neon srt4 world for quite some time so I'm not stranger to the world's cheapest plastics.