Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Could it be....the Infamous N-line Sonata?!??!

Brianmc27

I doubt they they ever would, but if Hyundai gave the Sonata the full N treatment, I would absolutely buy one.

I’m already eyeing the Veloster N as my next car after the FiST.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
They have came a long ways from back in the day....I've been impressed some of their stuff.
Koreans have upped their game certainly.

Besides the fact that these vehicles are larger than I'd prefer... no manual shift, no deal.

Wouldn't it be funny if forced into buying a huge ass automatic shift vehicle. Ugh. Nevermind that thought I've barred myself from further thought on that possibility...

A Veloster N sped up behind me today in that light blue color. It’s a sexy machine. I really want to drive one now. I have a feeling it’ll be better than all the other hyper hatches.

Ahh I wish we got the i30N as well, the Veloster is sweet but I like the look of the i30.
And yes, to those that have not driven/sat in a Korean vehicle lately, they are NOICE. Rode in my buddies 19' Genesis G70 (manual) recently and was blown away with how nice the interior was

A Veloster N sped up behind me today in that light blue color. It’s a sexy machine. I really want to drive one now. I have a feeling it’ll be better than all the other hyper hatches.
It is not. But it is very very good. The RS is probably the best. Then the type R. Then the N. But all of those are incredible cars. N puts power down great. Turning not as sharp as type r. I like the interior of the N better than type R though!
Source: driven all of them

I doubt they they ever would, but if Hyundai gave the Sonata the full N treatment, I would absolutely buy one.

I’m already eyeing the Veloster N as my next car after the FiST.
Sometimes I'm bummed I didn't go type N and bought my fist instead. They were the two I shopped. But the Fist feels much lighter and raw.

There's some great N deals out there too!

The RS is probably the best. Then the type R. Then the N.
RS?

Were the Type R available when I bought the FiST, it would have been under serious consideration. Overall though, I'm still ecstatic with this little FiST. I've had a bunch or FWD cars and RWD cars, small motors you had to spin and V8 torque. I'd decided I was a RWD torque guy until this FiST. The quick spool mimics a much bigger motor, and the car rotates like a frickin' RWD car. I don't know what magic fairy dust the Ford engineers sprinkled on this thing, but it sure is good.

RS?

Were the Type R available when I bought the FiST, it would have been under serious consideration. Overall though, I'm still ecstatic with this little FiST. I've had a bunch or FWD cars and RWD cars, small motors you had to spin and V8 torque. I'd decided I was a RWD torque guy until this FiST. The quick spool mimics a much bigger motor, and the car rotates like a frickin' RWD car. I don't know what magic fairy dust the Ford engineers sprinkled on this thing, but it sure is good.
Focus RS

It is not. But it is very very good. The RS is probably the best. Then the type R. Then the N. But all of those are incredible cars. N puts power down great. Turning not as sharp as type r. I like the interior of the N better than type R though!
Source: driven all of them
With my current setup I’ll probably never own one of these. I have long term plans for the Fist and MX5. My next car will probably be some Sporty German saloon or a viper, 911, etc to put beside the current two cars. The Mx5 id probably only sell for a lotus Elise and the fist MAYBE one of those 3 you mentioned but I like having a DD that’s on the cheaper end. We shall see how the future pans out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quisp

1000 Post Club
My experience with an 05 Sonata has been crumbling electrical connectors under the hood, disintegrating charcoal canister, A/C compressor clutch failure in 110000 miles. I'm sure the new stuff is much better as this car was a leap ahead from the previous .

Sent from my SM-A205U1 using Tapatalk

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Hyundai is working on (mid) rear engined version of Veloster. That will be one kick-ass car. The Koreans are a long way from the god-awful “Excel”. If that thing does materialize, I am getting one. Fo sho.

HBEcoBeaST

Hyundai is working on (mid) rear engined version of Veloster. That will be one kick-ass car. The Koreans are a long way from the god-awful “Excel”. If that thing does materialize, I am getting one. Fo sho.
A $100k Veloster? I'm in! Lol jk. I'd be surprised if it isn't a specific TCR class racecar or similar

I was really happy with how the Veloster N drove. The interior was comfortable and OK, but not a huge upgrade over the FiST and miles behind a GTI.

Too bad the hatch area and sloping roof line make the Veloster unusable for basically everything I use a hatchback for. In the FiST I can fit several 6ft and under surfboards and a passenger in the cabin. In the Veloster? Not so much. In the FiST I can strap my 12ft and 10'6" prone and paddle boards to the roof rack. In the Veloster? The sloping roofline and giant spoiler make that impossible. [emoji3525]

i30n please

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
i30n would be amazing in the states. I actually test drove a Veloster N and loved it, minus the cheap interior, goofy small entry hatch area and weird way you'd have to place a roof rack.

But it drove in a very playful and peppy kind of way. Steering wasn't as communicative as my FiST with it's bracing/mounts, but it wasn't bad either. One with the performance pack can be had around 27k which isn't bad.

Sonata N has a chance to be a commuter+ vehicle. I salute any manufacturer for trying to make cars fun to drive

Yeah it was definitely built from the start to be fun (veloster), it was like an overweight abarth except you don't sit as high. Everything about it was wrong.. the dimensions, the shape, etc. but at the end it all kinda... works.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
A $100k Veloster? I'm in! Lol jk. I'd be surprised if it isn't a specific TCR class racecar or similar

I was really happy with how the Veloster N drove. The interior was comfortable and OK, but not a huge upgrade over the FiST and miles behind a GTI.

Too bad the hatch area and sloping roof line make the Veloster unusable for basically everything I use a hatchback for. In the FiST I can fit several 6ft and under surfboards and a passenger in the cabin. In the Veloster? Not so much. In the FiST I can strap my 12ft and 10'6" prone and paddle boards to the roof rack. In the Veloster? The sloping roofline and giant spoiler make that impossible. [emoji3525]

i30n please

I still say, with it getting harder and harder for me to drive a stick properly - if the veloster comes with a DCT or good auto at some point, I'm probably ditching the fist.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I still say, with it getting harder and harder for me to drive a stick properly - if the veloster comes with a DCT or good auto at some point, I'm probably ditching the fist.
They are working on one it will be a in-house product, and it's going to be a wet dual-clutch either a 7 or 8 speed. They have a seven-speed dual-clutch now on different vehicles but it's a dry clutch terrible idea.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
They are working on one it will be a in-house product, and it's going to be a wet dual-clutch either a 7 or 8 speed. They have a seven-speed dual-clutch now on different vehicles but it's a dry clutch terrible idea.

Yeah ford learned that. I wonder why they're doing a DCT instead of a normal Auto, normal Autos are pretty dang good. the one in my wife's alfa was almost indiscernable from a DCT, and hyundai already has some great ones. Probably torque handling is my guess.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Yeah ford learned that. I wonder why they're doing a DCT instead of a normal Auto, normal Autos are pretty dang good. the one in my wife's alfa was almost indiscernable from a DCT, and hyundai already has some great ones. Probably torque handling is my guess.
If I read the article correctly it's been several weeks. They are already using it overseas on diesel models so it can handle some torque.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club

i30n please

It won’t be a $100k - it’s a Hyundai. I’m guessing it is going to be below $50k. And, the article seems to suggest that’s its likely to see production in a few years.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a29861926/hyundai-mid-engine-sports-car-production-confirmed/