Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Covid mileage on your car?

jeff

2000 Post Club
Was curious how many miles you guys have put on your Fiesta since March 2020ish. I was checking battery/tires/fluid and giving my car some love today and realized I'd only driven it about 1,000 miles since March, mostly due to so little driving/travel and working from home.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Same here. I only drive when it's necessary, and that's not often.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I work in sanitation very important I go to work. The only thing that's changed is going to the gym and I've been doing that at home.
I will give a breakdown of the mileage of my vehicles.
The fiesta has averaged 4,000 miles a year. I'm about to hit 12,000 miles on it soon.
My daily driver Ford Focus has averaged about 10,000 miles a year over the last 3 years. I'm going by three years because I've had to get my vehicles inspected for their yearly inspection and on the receipt it shows my mileage from the last 3 years.
My wife's Mazda 3 has averaged about 5,000 miles a year. She has worked from home for 4 years now.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Not even 400 miles.

This whole year is going result in severely reduced mileage on this car, since the ARA has cancelled ALL of the rallies I had planned on working/attending this season.

That's a good 3000+ miles of; travel to get to the events, and travel once at the events to get out to the various stages I would have worked, and then driven on, that will not go onto the odometer this year.

Last edited:
OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
When COVID was starting up I went to the ethanol dealer down the road and got enough for 3 tanks worth. I just had to go back last week, 4 months later. 3 tanks on ethanol is about 1000 miles.

We bought a new Mazda CX-9 in 12/2019. It had 20 miles when I bought it. Today I was vacuuming it, it has 3350 miles and wants an oil change.

Maybe be a lot of low mileage cars for sale in the future because of this, if the world doesn't end by then.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I've been driving it quite a bit during this time of lockdown, mostly just to get out of the house. About every other day I take a long drive out into the country with my dog and listen to music, it's been a nice escape from worrying about the virus. I also think it's really important for a car to be driven regularly, so even though I haven't been using it for errands much, it's had a pretty normal amount of miles put on it.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I've been forced to work at home since late March, but I make a point to take a long drive (east bay to Sacto and back, east bay to south bay and back, east bay to SLO and back, etc.) every weekend -- just because! Even with the long drives, I only need to fill up every other week (versus at least once per week), so I guess I'm driving 1/2 as many miles as before.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
My car sat a while. I didn't drive it much while we were locked down. Now that I got rid of those terrible recaros I can finally drive free of pain and discomfort. In fact I went from getting ready to trade the car in, to considering a turbo upgrade.

I also just went back to work (IBEW electrician) after being off for 3 months so I'm putting miles on the car again.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Got my car 2/16/20 and put a total of 1200 miles on it since then, including the 350 miles to get it home from the dealer Where I got it.

Definitely very few miles working from home. Plus I have my truck for some essential driving. Guess I got myself a garage queen. Shhh. Don’t tell me wife.

So far have only driven about 1,200 miles. Pre-COVID, I was putting in 10 gallons every 20 days. Because of COVID, it’s now about 7 gallons every 39 days. My last tank went 47 days, and I was still at half a tank before filling up just because. :oops:

CSM

1000 Post Club
maybe 1,000 miles? splitting between jelly bean and FRS. Usually once a week to work (65 mi round trip) and a few leisure drives a week to cure boredom.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I’ve haven’t slowed down. I’ve been logging about 240 miles a week... so about 1000 miles a month with weekend driving included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been keeping track of miles, but I filled up on Monday for the first time since the middle of May. I started doing Uber Eats again yesterday to make a few extra bucks, so that'll add some miles again.