Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CUSTOM APR MIRROR INSTALL

I don’t have the attention span or dedication to make a complete build thread but figured I should start to post some of the modifications to the FiST as I complete them. Might spark some new creativity in the community.

I’m not super happy with how the mounting plates turned out. The original plan was to fab them from some 2mm carbon plate but that proved to be too stiff to fit the contour of the door. I will try painting the aluminum plates black and source some black hardware and that should make it less of an eyesore.

My fiesta is track duty only so before the flaming please take that into consideration. I’m pretty sure this shaved around 6 pounds total or approx 3 pounds per mirror. I will have to weigh one and update.

Anyways

0F1FC477-1912-4D6A-B7C5-63F1EF1E4325.jpeg 95DBE470-CC0B-41AE-879B-D3F49D3A36D1.jpeg 3DEE34C3-BC8E-4ACE-952B-593895E2C1D3.jpeg 00E8A951-6DC7-4BF6-9478-59FDB48D5CFB.jpeg 31201550-7C39-41A7-AEDA-493F88261C1E.jpeg A9433F88-69D4-4DAE-AD8D-4EC1B9552949.jpeg

I think it looks great, If you could get them green with black hardware and a black seal around them to match your flares I think they would look spot on!

Dib

Love this. Definitely on my ever growing list of one-of-these-days'

I think you would be better off shaving down the oem attachment portion and building into that.

Excellent work and your car look amazing. If you dont mind me asking where did you source the mirrors?
I checked your previous threads about the flares, what type of wheels did you get to match the flares?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

OP
B
Thread Starter #6
Was able to get both mirrors mounted over the weekend, and paint the base mounting plates black. It isn’t as perfect as I’d like but for track duty it will work awesome. Maybe over the winter I will do as blurred suggested and shave the oem mirror holes and mount the ape mirrors directly to the door.

62DD7E29-8210-4618-BE7F-BE856D141851.jpeg 27C9D156-DFDF-4842-9EA9-63B2CF897C62.jpeg

OP
B
Thread Starter #7
Excellent work and your car look amazing. If you dont mind me asking where did you source the mirrors?
I checked your previous threads about the flares, what type of wheels did you get to match the flares?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

I found the mirrors on amazon, tons of places sell the APR stuff tho.

Wheels are Japanese Racing 21’s 17x9 et25 with a 245/40/17

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Those mirrors look just fine to me, exactly as they are right now! [twothumb]

Being a dedicated track car, are you ever going to do a full cage, and seats/steering wheel/harnesses, or do you need that option to 'go back' to street duty/full legality??

OP
B
Thread Starter #9
Those mirrors look just fine to me, exactly as they are right now! [twothumb]

Being a dedicated track car, are you ever going to do a full cage, and seats/steering wheel/harnesses, or do you need that option to 'go back' to street duty/full legality??

Currently I’m bouncing those ideas around in my head. There are a lot of safety concerns with doing that as I feel a bolt in cage/roll bar isn’t any safer then the oem structure, it’s really only good for mounting harnesses too and adds weight. A proper full weld in cage would add weight but allow the oem door bracing etc to be removed and be safer then the oem structure. The only problem with this is driving a fully caged car without a helmet is dangerous in the event if a collision.

I’ll probably toy around with it this summer and just do some interior panel removal then have it fully caged over winter and make it a 100% trailered and dedicated track car.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
YES, my implication of a full cage was for a completely welded, and tied-in, triangulated, certified deal, NOT a bolt-in weak sauce one.
This is also one of the ONLY ways to actually stiffen the unibody structure in any significant way, regardless of what all of the bolt-on chassis brace 'enthusiasts' on this site claim with their 'butt dynos'[doorpeek]. [wink]