Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Daily Driver Tire Rating Thread

Rate the following from 1 to 10 (10 being the best) on the following for Price, Road Noise, Tread life, wet performance, and DD performance on stock rims:

Falken RT660
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500
Dunlop Direzza Z3
Bridgestone Potenza RE050A

Feel free to add other contenders. I'm trying to find the best DD tires out there for when it is time.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Rate the following from 1 to 10 (10 being the best) on the following for Price, Road Noise, Tread life, wet performance, and DD performance on stock rims:

Falken RT660-?
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500-9,9,?,8,6
Dunlop Direzza Z3-?
Bridgestone Potenza RE050A-2,8,3,7,8

Dpro

6000 Post Club
RT660 Price 8 road noise 9 tread life? Jury still out . Wet performance Jury still out. DD performance fucking awesome 10!
Indy 500 cannot be compared to a RT660 they are in different categories.
its the bottom rung of the list.
the list should read RT660 top
Direzza Z3 in second
followed by the bridgestones
and then the Indy.
P.S.I hate Conti’s and would not recommend them to my worst enemy. Never liked them never will call me biased!
Thread done. :ROFLMAO:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
RT660 Price 8 road noise 9 tread life? Jury still out . Wet performance Jury still out. DD performance fucking awesome 10!
Indy 500 cannot be compared to a RT660 they are in different categories.
its the bottom rung of the list.
the list should read RT660 top
Direzza Z3 in second
followed by the bridgestones
and then the Indy.
P.S.I hate Conti’s and would not recommend them to my worst enemy. Never liked them never will call me biased!
Thread done. [emoji23]
RT660 is that good? maybe I will buy that instead.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Mikey456

RT660 is that good? maybe I will buy that instead.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I have Falken tires, the earlier 615k versions. Not sure if I will get 10k miles out of them. They stick great though! It depends on your driving habits on how long they last.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
For those who have had the Falken RT660, have you been able to run them in cold weather, colder than 40°, without having them cracked or get damaged?
I run summer tires all year round because it doesn't snow much here, but it does get somewhat cold. I just take it easy when it gets below about 45 degrees. I realize that theoretically you're not supposed to drive on any summer tires at less than about 45 degrees, but I have been able to do that with the OEM Bridgestone Potenza RE050As and the Firestone Indy 500s which I have now without them cracking or otherwise getting damaged. I never drive them in snow of course.
My concern with the RT660 is that being an Extreme tire, the highest category of summer performance tires, that they would be less likely to survive cold weather without damage.

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
For those who have had the Falken RT660, have you been able to run them in cold weather, colder than 40°, without having them cracked or get damaged?
I run summer tires all year round because it doesn't snow much here, but it does get somewhat cold. I just take it easy when it gets below about 45 degrees. I realize that theoretically you're not supposed to drive on any summer tires at less than about 45 degrees, but I have been able to do that with the OEM Bridgestone Potenza RE050As and the Firestone Indy 500s which I have now without them cracking or otherwise getting damaged. I never drive them in snow of course.
My concern with the RT660 is that being an Extreme tire, the highest category of summer performance tires, that they would be less likely to survive cold weather without damage.
Not tried the 660s, but I ran 615k+ when I lived in the Charlotte area. Never had a problem. Only put on the winter set for trips up to Boone area.

Drove to an autox on my 660s at around 33 degrees, they didn't show any damage. They also didn't have any traction at that temp, as in, less than an all-season tire.

Mikey456

I was looking at related threads and found this tire:

Yokohama Advan Fleva V701

Maybe someone can comment on this tire a little more. This older Thread was a little short on results and feedback.