Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dead…. Then - alive!!

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
After sitting parked for a couple of hours, the FiST showed no signs of life, as if the battery had completely discharged (which it wasn’t).

While I was trying to figure out the course of action for about 10 min, I suddenly heard a chime and - sure enough, I could then start it normally.

Wondering what this was all about. The weather was perfect - so, not an overheating/freezing issue. It was dead as a nail… I am sitting on about 88k miles, if that is relevant.

OP
maestromaestro

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Is the battery original? if it is original is the negative battery terminal growing green fuzz? or where the main body ground meets the body?
No. The battery is an AGM, recent, less than 16 months.

So - not the battery. Something else.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

Did you actually check out the battery? see if it can hold a charge? Just because its an AGM doesn't mean they cant prematurely fail. I've seen odysseys come dead on the pallet same as Deka. Its worth checking out*

Last edited:

With it being intermittent its hard to troubleshoot without checking everything. Probably still worth having the battery load tested if you can't find any other smoking guns.

Have you checked the main battery connections and where they meet the body/alternator/fuse block? looking for corrosion green/grey, loose connections, poor wire crimps, loose bolts, loose fuses.

It also might be worth ensuring that the main fuse is still in good shape and hasn't been smashed or anything silly.

If its on/off like you describe it sounds like a poor connection somewhere.

Hopefully you can track it down,

Mine did the same thing once, and then wouldn’t build boost once it restarted. Once I drove it 5-10 miles then restarted the car all was well again and it’s never repeated the behavior. Who knows….