Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Did iOS 8 break some bluetooth functionality on their Sync?

So I noticed it today, that since my phone updated to ios 8, when someone calls me, instead of telling me about an incoming call, Sync just "answers" a call. But really what its doing is out putting audio from the phone. It doesn't allow me to answer the phone using the buttons on the steering wheel. Very strange issue. I messed with it for a minute today, tomorrow I'll try repairing the phone, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem.

OP
S
Thread Starter #2
So i guess no one else has had this problem? I still haven't been able to sort it out. When someone one calls me, the sync automatically "answers" the phone, but its just playing my ringtone. Answering the call with the steering wheel doesn't work because its aleady in call. All you can do is hang up on the call you're already not really in. If you answer it on the phone, it picks up, but no audio comes through.

I cannot figure this out. Sync works fine with my Android device and I had no problems before the ios 8 update. Guess I'll try wiping the phone next... Not sure what else to do.

I haven't experienced this exact problem, but Apple has acknowledged problems with iOS 8 and Bluetooth connectivity with a number of different car manufacturers. My wife is having a problem with it in her Audi. They are working on a fix.

C. love

i have had similar issues. seems every time apple has a new IOS they have a ton of bugs

No issues on my 5 with iOS8. I know iOS8 on the iPhone 6 and 6+ are having bluetooth issues but iOS 8.0.2 just came out and is supposed to fix that.

mrtn

I have 8.0.2 on my iPhone 5. Bluetooth works for phone calls but the text messaging is not working properly anymore

The fix for Bluetooth is expected to come with the iOS 8.1 update which is supposed to be available later this month.

I also have a iPhone 5 with iOS 8 and just now ran into an issue with sync. When I am playing audio through Bluetooth which is 99% of the time, the entire sync system will turn itself off (as if you push the on/off button for the radio) When I turn the radio back on Bluetooth will then play again for a minute, or even less. I did this on and off game on my 30 minute commute to work and it didn't stop. This is the only thread I've found regarding iOS and sync specifically. Anyone else have something similar happen? I also saw there was a sync update, but have not done this yet. Maybe that could be the issue considering how I am just now running into and issue with iOS 8.

has everyone deleted your phone profile on MFT, and the BT device connection on the phone? Until SYNC officially releases support later than iOS v. 7.1.1, we are stuck doing work arounds...

On your iPhone, go to "settings" ---> "general"--->"accessibility" and under "Interaction", go to "Call Audio Routing" and select "Headset". This fixed that EXACT same problem for me THIS MORNING.