Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Did this come off my car?

Went to drive the Mighty Fiesta yesterday and heard a scraping sound. Stopped the car and looked under it. Hanging down from about where the passenger seat would be was a piece of plastic. It was easy to tear it off.

Is this something from my car or did did something get wedged under my car?

honestly my first guess is something got caught under my car since that does not look dirty enough to have been under my car the last 3000 miles.

any guesses?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yep that came from your car. It's a piece of one of the underbody panels used to keep dirt, rocks, and general muck off the painted underside of the vehicle body. You likely ran over something that took a chunk out of it causing the damage you see there. I only have about 50% of mine left from rallycrossing, been looking to develop an alternative for awhile now.

OP
P
Thread Starter #3
Yep that came from your car. It's a piece of one of the underbody panels used to keep dirt, rocks, and general muck off the painted underside of the vehicle body. You likely ran over something that took a chunk out of it causing the damage you see there. I only have about 50% of mine left from rallycrossing, been looking to develop an alternative for awhile now.
ah thanks! is it something I should be concerned about?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
ah thanks! is it something I should be concerned about?
I would just take a peak underneath there and look for the hole. Make sure the remaining cover is not hanging down and the components behind the hole are not damaged from whatever you hit. There are fuel and brake lines under there.

Last edited:
After you posted this , I looked under mine and I have a hole about the size of your fist. And I think mine came from a opossum running out in front of me .

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The R2 M-Sport, kevlar under body protection kit has your name all over it, but yeah, BIG $$$$. [:(]

I know this is an old thread but couldn't find anything newer. Does Ford sell replacements for these under trays? Anybody know the part numbers?

Thanks!

Intuit

3000 Post Club
This is actually for sound-deadening... to make your ride a quieter ride.
(But then they go and install a rediculous sound SymPOSER... 😂 ...which I disabled...)

It's also an excellent harbinger of road salt. Keep that in mind when you do your under-body wash.

I know this is an old thread but couldn't find anything newer. Does Ford sell replacements for these under trays? Anybody know the part numbers?

Thanks!
Parts counter at the Ford Dealership should be able to help. Just ring'em up and have them ship the part in for pickup.