Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Disappointed with "Greasy" Service

Hello All,

Just posting this because I'm currently annoyed with my continuous experience with Ford dealerships.
Took my FiST in for it's "30k mile checkup", and to have them check out a rotational squeak I've been experiencing on my front passenger wheel.

Here is the service performed by the dealer:
- Air filter change
- Cabin air filter change
- Inspection and diagnostics on brake system to find squeak issue

Here is the state I got my car back with:

- Grease stained driver AND passenger seats (the grey part in the Recaros)
- Grease/grime all over steering wheel, shift knob, and both doors.
- Floormats filthy
- Passenger side center console completely unassembled - all clips not put back in place and the front screw not screwed in at all
- STILL have that same rotational squeak - diagnosed as "possible" rotor warped (don't feel it when braking however at any speed)

Anyways, my point is, what happened to the plastic seat covers they would put on to protect your seats when performing service? Or having someone not completely covered in grime drive your car around?
Shoot, the Toyota dealership I always frequented would put the seat covers on and a plastic steering wheel cover for my 4runner (plus have a service advisor pull the car around) even though it was 20 years old and the interior had definitely seen better days.
Maybe I'm just a neat freak when it comes to my cars, but man, I'm tired of having to whip out all my cleaning supplies and do a full detail every time I bring it to the dealership.

Just had to get that off my chest, lol

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hello All,

Just posting this because I'm currently annoyed with my continuous experience with Ford dealerships.
Took my FiST in for it's "30k mile checkup", and to have them check out a rotational squeak I've been experiencing on my front passenger wheel.

- Air filter change

- Floormats filthy
- Passenger side center console completely unassembled - all clips not put back in place and the front screw not screwed in at all
- STILL have that same rotational squeak - diagnosed as "possible" rotor warped (don't feel it when braking however at any speed)

Anyways, my point is, what happened to the plastic seat covers they would put on to protect your seats when performing service? Or having someone not completely covered in grime drive your car around?
Shoot, the Toyota dealership I always frequented would put the seat covers on and a plastic steering wheel cover for my 4runner (plus have a service advisor pull the car around) even though it was 20 years old and the interior had definitely seen better days.
Maybe I'm just a neat freak when it comes to my cars, but man, I'm tired of having to whip out all my cleaning supplies and do a full detail every time I bring it to the dealership.

If it was me....I'd Turn around....go into the dealer....ask where the service managers office is and just walk in and sit down. I would wait for him/her ....then proceed to shut the door as they walk in and unleash full fury of a man scorned for grease on my shit. Then ask for a full detail ....if they would oblige great. If they decline I'd go grab some wheel bearing grease from my car and go "sit" in one of their new vehicles and grasp the wheel with greasy hands and ask them how it feels.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Did you tell the dealership about your bad experience? If you want it to change, telling us won't make any difference.

The Ford dealers I've dealt with do exactly as you describe with covering the seats, and putting paper floor mats in the front seats while working on the car. I've been driving Fords since 1978, use the dealer service departments regularly, and have never experienced what you describe. That sounds more like what you'd experience at Jim Bob's Corner Shade Tree Auto Repair.

OP
averyislost
Thread Starter #4
Did you tell the dealership about your bad experience? If you want it to change, telling us won't make any difference.

The Ford dealers I've dealt with do exactly as you describe with covering the seats, and putting paper floor mats in the front seats while working on the car. I've been driving Fords since 1978, use the dealer service departments regularly, and have never experienced what you describe. That sounds more like what you'd experience at Jim Bob's Corner Shade Tree Auto Repair.
I will be doing that on Monday (they're closed tomorrow). I don't expect anything from them, I just want them to know how crappy the service was so this stops happening. Not the first time they've given my car back filthy, but man, I've not seen anything this bad or I wouldn't have been back to them in the first place.

OP
averyislost
Thread Starter #5
If it was me....I'd Turn around....go into the dealer....ask where the service managers office is and just walk in and sit down. I would wait for him/her ....then proceed to shut the door as they walk in and unleash full fury of a man scorned for grease on my shit. Then ask for a full detail ....if they would oblige great. If they decline I'd go grab some wheel bearing grease from my car and go "sit" in one of their new vehicles and grasp the wheel with greasy hand and ask them how it feels.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I should have! It was pouring rain today, didn't notice the carnage till I pulled out and headed back to my house. I will be calling them on Monday to file a complaint.
What's interesting is that I mentioned to the service advisor the lack of write-up on the print out they gave me for things like brake pad life left (in mm's usually) and tire condition, etc. He was up in arms talking about how one of the service techs has been "missing things" lately. Guess I drew the short straw and got that tech, lol. He actually kept the print-out and printed me another one so he could show the service advisor.

Guess I'll be checking over the work myself, make sure those filters actually got changed

I won't take my car to any Ford stealership, ever since I took my car in when it was under warranty for a funny noise it was making while turning. It turned out to be a rock in the dust shield and they charged me 175 dollars. Bunch of crooks!

I always get an e mail after every one of my visits to my dealership asking about their service and if I have any suggestions on how it can be improved.
Hopefully they'll do you right and won't give you any grief , if they do you should post on social media how crappy they are and I bet you'll start seeing changes being made. [twothumb]

haste

1000 Post Club
This is why the only time I take part of my car to a service shop is the wheels off and in the back of my '02 Focus SVT to have the tires changed.

I honestly don't like anyone in my cars other than my wife, kid, and friends.

OP
averyislost
Thread Starter #10
This is why the only time I take part of my car to a service shop is the wheels off and in the back of my '02 Focus SVT to have the tires changed.

I honestly don't like anyone in my cars other than my wife, kid, and friends.
I've always been the same. I guess with this being my first "new" car, I assumed it was the thing to do. Guess I'll be doing the work myself like with my old cars!

OP
averyislost
Thread Starter #11
I always get an e mail after every one of my visits to my dealership asking about their service and if I have any suggestions on how it can be improved.
Hopefully they'll do you right and won't give you any grief , if they do you should post on social media how crappy they are and I bet you'll start seeing changes being made. [twothumb]
I'm thinking about either emailing the service advisor or calling on monday and speaking with someone. I could think about a half dozen suggestions for better service, starting with the techs taking pride in their work!

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Do the right thing.....allow the dealer to address the problem. If they don't contact Ford Customer Care, if that does not get the desired results flame the dealer out at every online location, dealer site and Facebook! That usually will get their attention, I flamed my local dealer for bad service and hooning my car for 9 days to change weather stripping on roof and the Sync 3 PC board. They did not even clean the area where they stuck the weather strip in without adhesive. Had cars blowing horns and pointing to my roof where the gaskets were blowing in the wind! I have received multiple emails begging me to change my postings.......I refused to change it. Got 3M adhesive, cleaned track and fixed it myself!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Do the right thing.....allow the dealer to address the problem. If they don't contact Ford Customer Care, if that does not get the desired results flame the dealer out at every online location, dealer site and Facebook! That usually will get their attention, I flamed my local dealer for bad service and hooning my car for 9 days to change weather stripping on roof and the Sync 3 PC board. They did not even clean the area where they stuck the weather strip in without adhesive. Had cars blowing horns and pointing to my roof where the gaskets were blowing in the wind! I have received multiple emails begging me to change my postings.......I refused to change it. Got 3M adhesive, cleaned track and fixed it myself!

Ditto! Stupid weather stripping!

I've always been the same. I guess with this being my first "new" car, I assumed it was the thing to do. Guess I'll be doing the work myself like with my old cars!
Working on these cars is extremely EASY. All you need are 8, 10, and 13 mm sockets, a couple screwdrivers and a beer (or more). I woudl suggest you get the service manual and wrench away!

OP
averyislost
Thread Starter #15
Working on these cars is extremely EASY. All you need are 8, 10, and 13 mm sockets, a couple screwdrivers and a beer (or more). I woudl suggest you get the service manual and wrench away!
I usually try to, but with my 3rd gen 4runner currently out of service for axle seals, wheel cylinders, and new brake hardware/shoes, and my project FJ40 that is taking up waaaay too much time, it was easier to just bring the FiST in to the dealership. I think if I started wrenching on this thing too much my girlfriend would about kill me, haha. Awh well, she could always pick up a wrench and help out!

As an update, spoke with service manager this morning. He wanted to try and make it right by letting the dealership do a full detail on the car (that was a swift no thanks from me) and to let them fix the squeaking issue they didn't fix. Doubtful I'll take it back to them but at least the manager is aware of the issues I had with them over the weekend.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I usually try to, but with my 3rd gen 4runner currently out of service for axle seals, wheel cylinders, and new brake hardware/shoes, and my project FJ40 that is taking up waaaay too much time, it was easier to just bring the FiST in to the dealership. I think if I started wrenching on this thing too much my girlfriend would about kill me, haha. Awh well, she could always pick up a wrench and help out!

As an update, spoke with service manager this morning. He wanted to try and make it right by letting the dealership do a full detail on the car (that was a swift no thanks from me) and to let them fix the squeaking issue they didn't fix. Doubtful I'll take it back to them but at least the manager is aware of the issues I had with them over the weekend.[/QUOTE

Why would you not take it back to have them spend time and money to do the job right? If you do someone will at least get an ass chewing and the dealer will lose some money/time. By taking it somewhere else you allow them to screw you with no consequences and does nothing towards insuring someone else gets the same bad service. Being "aware" is a big difference in costing the dealer time and money. The odds of them screwing up twice on the same customer will be less than taking it somewhere else.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
You just have to be careful to flame properly, stick to facts only and don't make assumptions as to motive or the speculate about why things happened the way they happened. Thats when you get sued for libel.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Hello All,

- Air filter change

- Floormats filthy

Aside from the grease and grime, it sounds like a normal dealership experience to me. The grease and grime is just poor management. When people bring their vehicle back and the manager dumps on the mechanic, sometimes that can lead to retaliation. There are literally endless ways to quietly sabotage a vehicle. If something isn't done right, I've settled on just fixing it myself. Warranties never solved a thing for me... but merely result with new and additional problems.