Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dizzy Tuning Blog - Tech Articles

Trader history for Jason@dizzytuning (0)

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
RE your part throttle surge article: I can confirm that my Stratified Custom tune exhibits this behavior. You may win some converts when you launch your V2 that addresses this.

Jason, sorry if this is a dumb question but I am curious, if I was using your E30 tune would the OAR display on the accessport still be relevant?

I just switched to his E30 tune after running his 93. 93 ran at -1 and E30 after 10 miles is now at -1 as well. So, I would say yes.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm surprised to see you didn't go into the advantages/disadvantages of upgrading the TMAP sensor in the charge pipe. Or how upgrading that unit helps resolution when tuning for higher boost applications. Any plans to go into more detail like you touched on in this thread: https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...5-bar-tip-map-sensor.23555/page-2#post-400467 ?

OP
J
Thread Starter #12
I'm surprised to see you didn't go into the advantages/disadvantages of upgrading the TMAP sensor in the charge pipe. Or how upgrading that unit helps resolution when tuning for higher boost applications. Any plans to go into more detail like you touched on in this thread: https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...5-bar-tip-map-sensor.23555/page-2#post-400467 ?
Yessir. This is a basic understanding first. Stay tuned!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Jason, sorry if this is a dumb question but I am curious, if I was using your E30 tune would the OAR display on the accessport still be relevant?
Well, you likely won't see it come off -1.00 after a few pulls for it to adapt to the max ratio, but if for some reason you were to really screw up your mix with not enough ethanol, that's where you would see it come off -1.00 and you know you need to add more e85... but it's hard to even mess that up, all you need is 3 gallons of e85 per full tank, so first tank you just need room to add 3 gallons of e85 {top of any extra room with premium) if refilling with a 1/4 tank of e30 left, for example, then use 2.25 gallons of e85 and the rest premium. Also, the tune is pretty flexible, if in doubt add a little more e85, the tune can handle up to an e40 mix very easily... So no, it's not *as* relevant as when running pump fuel and your fuel quality is possibly not great, since there is usually more than enough octane overall that even can be used anyway.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I got a question that nobody seems to know the answer to. I ask questions about the OAR and everyone sends me to the stratified article witch does not answer the question or I'm too confused to understand it. Every now and then my OAR will fall a lil bit from -1.00. Anywhere from -.99 to the lowest was -.90. Its usually just for few minutes. If I notice I can give it a lil throttle in a higher gear and it goes back to-1.00. What does it mean when it does that.

Thx for your time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
J
Thread Starter #16
It means that the ecu detected consecutive negative corrections, and reacted (increasing OAR value). Once you do a few more pulls with only positive corrections added, it will trim back to -1.00 OAR.
Think of OAR like fuel trims. The ECU will constantly monitor the amount of knock that can be added (positive corrections). If the ECU detects consistent knock, it will make a global change to the timing table, and the OAR value will reflect this (it is a direct multiplier). So corrections would be similar to STFT and OAR is like LTFT.