Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Do new cars cost too much?

My opinion - yes. When I got stationed in California I was looking for something to drive versus getting my old PITA there. New cars were out the window due to price. Used was meh. Craiglist is get what you pay for. In the end I had my dad trailer my Mustang there for much less. Cue years later and I'm tired of driving older mildly unreliable cars with plans for a new engine and much more work. Got a job at a local Ford dealer, heard of a chunk of a rebate on '18 F-150's. Couldn't settle with a base 3.3 (MUST be a 2.7 or 3.5 EB minimum) at $25k-$26k. Looked at the used lot - found a '17 FoST with 17k miles and sold later that day. Saw an '18 FiST with 3490 miles at $18,600 my price...took it for the weekend and bought it the following week. Do I regret it? Sometimes.

Insurance is another story - $700 for my FiST vs. $330 for my Mustang every 6 months - :poop:'s a damn monopoly and a scam until you really need it.

As I put it, manufacturers make fun enjoyable cars that are just too damn expensive to buy and enjoy at a young age unless you win the lotto. Same for the new SUV/truck trend. You get old, use your retirement/pension/401k and can now afford that nice new sports car or truck or luxury car. I would love to own an F-150/Super-Duty/Expedition/Lincoln, but I don't make $20+/hr, I don't even get near that at flat rate at $15/hr. which kinda makes me depressed when I'm working on a car want that I can't even think about affording to own. *drunk rambling done*