Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Road & Track-- 20 Greatest Cars

Zormecteon

The latest issue of Road & Track is Titled--- The 20 Greatest Cars We've Ever Driven. Fiesta ST is on that list!

"If you know, you know. The Fiesta ST has long been on the list of car-enthusiast secret handshakes..... .. .. .there's more joy to be found here than in many cars with six-figure prices."

Another car that I own is also on the list .. Mazda Miata. .. ... I own 10% of the greatest driven cars of all time! (at least according to the contributors to R&T.) The people polled include, Jimmie Johnson, Bruce Meyer, Hiroshi Tamura, Mario Andretti, Lyn St. James, Peter Egan, Bob Lutz, Dario Franchitti, . among others.

Last edited:

Dialcaliper

The latest issue of Road & Track is Titled--- The 20 Greatest Cars We've Ever Driven. Fiesta ST is on that list!

"If you know, you know. The Fiesta ST has long been on the list of car-enthusiast secret handshakes..... .. .. .there's more joy to be found here than in many cars with six-figure prices."

Another car that I own is also on the list .. Mazda Miata. .. ... I own 10% of the greatest driven cars of all time! (at least according to the contributors to R&T.) The people polled include, Jimmie Johnson, Bruce Meyer, Hiroshi Tamura, Mario Andretti, Lyn St. James, Peter Egan, Bob Lutz, Dario Franchitti, . among others.
Nice - don’t have access to the magazine but curious about the full list of 20. (Also have a FiST and an NA Miata)

Ford hot hatches have also won 6 out of 30 “Top Gear car of the year” awards since 1993, including both the Mk7 and Mk8 Fiesta ST. (7 you include the Mondeo)

I’ve now owned two on the that UK centric list, both a riot to drive. The FiST and a 00’ Ford Puma (with a 1.7L Yamaha tuned Duratech) that I owned for a year in Italy - it was almost the perfect car for the narrow, twisty roads in South Italy. Almost wish I could have imported it.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/retro/gallery-every-single-top-gear-car-year-winner-last-30-years

OP
Zormecteon

Zormecteon

Thread Starter #3
The Complete List.

1) Ruf CTR Yellow Bird
2) Ferrari 458 Italia/Speciale
3) Lamborghini Aventador
5) Mistubisih Evolution
6) Subaru WRX STI
7) Mercedes-Benz 500E
8) BMW 1-Series M Coupe
9) Mazda MX-5 Miata
10) Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta SWB
11) Ford Fiesta ST
12) Bugatti EB110
13) Porsche 908/3
14) The Beater
15) Mierced-Benz 300SL Gullwing
16) Tick Tock Chopard Mille Miglia
17) Ford GT
18)Porsche Carrera GT
19) Kimera EV 037
20) Polls-Royce Phantom Coupe
21) Volkswagen Rabbit/Golf GT
22 McLaren F1

Thats the list from the Table of Contents. The Beater an Audi 400S that just wouldn't die. How they came up with a theme of the best 20, then list 22 is beyond me.

Dialcaliper

That’s some pretty stiff competition! Only 7 cars on the list that aren’t Supercars. Only 3 are “inexpensive” (including the Miata) and 2 are B-segment hatchbacks (FiST and VW).

I guess it says something when so many other amazing cars could have been on the list (Civic Si/Type-R, Mini Cooper come to mind)

Does the Mille Miglia count as a “car”? I assume they meant car(s) they drove at the event and not the wristwatch. Also the 908/3 is a straight up race-car. That brings it back to 20-ish

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Surprised that none of the 8 generations of Corvette are on that list, if for no other reason but for their insane 'bang for the buck' cost vs. performance factor. [???:)]

NO Honduhs at all on that list (nor Toys for that matter), yet the majority of their owners are the very first ones to write off/dismiss our rides as being not even worthy of being considered, or labeled as performance cars, even if the proverbial 'build quality diss' disclaimer is factored into the equation.

Bias reigns supreme I guess. [dunno]

Last edited:

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club

Are there any more quotes from the article? I tried to look it up but it wasn't accessible.

OP
Zormecteon

Zormecteon

Thread Starter #10
Are there any more quotes from the article? I tried to look it up but it wasn't accessible.
Copyright keeps me from posting the whole thing so............. selectively

197 hp, .90gs 98" wheelbase gave the ST flickable handling.... A driving experience greater than the sum of any numbers it generates.Dive into a corner and if you lift off the throttle, it'll wag its tail into puppyish oversteer, then scamper out with short gearing,and a midrange overboost....... It's like someone fitted a steering wheel to a Jack Russel Terrier.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Copyright keeps me from posting the whole thing so............. selectively

197 hp, .90gs 98" wheelbase gave the ST flickable handling.... A driving experience greater than the sum of any numbers it generates.Dive into a corner and if you lift off the throttle, it'll wag its tail into puppyish oversteer, then scamper out with short gearing,and a midrange overboost....... It's like someone fitted a steering wheel to a Jack Russel Terrier.
Thanks.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I look at that list and think, "Wow. I must not be driving it hard enough. 🤨"

If I walked into a bar and told anyone that a Fiesta was listed mid-pack among a bunch of super cars, they'd laugh it off assuming it to be reliability scale.

Love the Fiesta ST for its all around practicality as compared to those on that list. Shame Ford quit selling them here because 'meriguns want bigg-est'.

Ford SVT & ST

U.S. Army Veteran
HOPEFULLY FORD will bring back our Fiesta ST since the EV Experiment has proven to be an epic failure and our cars get phenomenal gas mileage when u stay out of the turbo!!
We definitely help FORD with the CAFE Regulations!
Only time will tell, but if anyone at FORD Reads our blog maybe they will take this recommendation to the CEO!!

Ford SVT & ST

U.S. Army Veteran
lol!
I look at that list and think, "Wow. I must not be driving it hard enough. 🤨"
Especially in a CORVETTE bar since they did not make the list PERIOD!!

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I went and bought the magazine, just to have it. I suspect people won't believe me without physical proof.
It's the APR/MAY '24 issue, and the car only gets one facing page; a one-page blurb and photos. It cost $17.11 in Indiana dollars.

Still, the FiST made the list. Not bad.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I went and bought the magazine, just to have it. I suspect people won't believe me without physical proof.
It's the APR/MAY '24 issue, and the car only gets one facing page; a one-page blurb and photos. It cost $17.11 in Indiana dollars.

Still, the FiST made the list. Not bad.
wow I remember when those mags were like $3.50 and you could buy suspcriptions for like 10-$12 dollars a year. 😂

OP
Zormecteon

Zormecteon

Thread Starter #20
I am right there with you DPRO!! wow $17.11 for 1 magazine?
It's really no wonder why print magazines are closing shop then. I was devastated when AutoWeek stopped publishing, .. Then Road and Track, lately Hot Rod quit. . Shoot.