Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Does anybody drive for Uber or Lyft?

Jerickson88

Considering this for a part time gig, maybe take a handful a week during the later hours since I dont get in bed till late anyhow.

Does anyone use their FiST for this?

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Considering this for a part time gig, maybe take a handful a week during the later hours since I dont get in bed till late anyhow.

Does anyone use their FiST for this?
I did Postmates in my Fiesta for a month or so while looking for a legit job. Postmates itself had it's pros and cons. Pros: Don't have to worry about people ruining my car. Cons: Pay was garbage unless you're very lucky and strategic, and the system/app interface itself was horrible. It had so many problems. I can't speak for the quality of Uber or Lyft though, but I wouldn't recommend Postmates.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I did Postmates in my Fiesta for a month or so while looking for a legit job. Postmates itself had it's pros and cons. Pros: Don't have to worry about people ruining my car. Cons: Pay was garbage unless you're very lucky and strategic, and the system/app interface itself was horrible. It had so many problems. I can't speak for the quality of Uber or Lyft though, but I wouldn't recommend Postmates.
An acquaintance of mine likes tondo Postmates on weekends. He lives near a well to do area and he says some people tip pretty well.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
An acquaintance of mine likes tondo Postmates on weekends. He lives near a well to do area and he says some people tip pretty well.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
I live in a college town (cause I'm in college lol), so decent tippers are few and far between.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I thought about it years ago, and I had some issues with them approving my car insurance due to four people being on it. Anyway I just said well that's a sign I'm not going to go through the hassle of getting approved over some misunderstanding about the car insurance policy.

Honestly with how many places seem to be desperate for employees I don't see it being worth it. Too much risk not enough reward. I thought about being a handyman for some side work, because so many people are incapable of even changing out a light switch. What I found though was I hate the initial interaction with people. I just prefer to do my work without human interaction.

You have to figure out your market though are people where you live going to tip you any extra? Example I was in West Virginia I gave the waitress $20 she acted like no one had ever given her a decent tip before.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Used to do both. Used a Focus for it. There are members here that use FiSTs but in some areas they have stopped allowing sub compacts to be used like here in LA. If your car is already in the system its good if not you might not be able to get it through.

It used to be pretty damn good money wise, when I signed up it was specifically so I could get my Fiesta without taking out another loan. . I actually did nail earning enough to cover the FiST to the point that I only took a loan for the sake of adding to my credit portfolio bottom line. I.E. the more types of credit you have had successfully the more credit equity you have.

Anyways I digress, I honestly do not think its worth doing anymore and I stopped driving 8 months ago. New Years eve was my send off.

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #7
Oh dont mistake it as me needing a second job for the money, I can pay my bills, I was just looking to make a little play money, on the side as frequently as I want it.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
FiST is a sub-compact? What's a Smart Car, a Rabbit, a Bug, a Festiva, Capri, C-Max?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subcompact_car
...okie dokie. Apparently there's a "supermini" and a "minicompact". So if the Fiesta is a "sub" compact, what's a compact? A Focus? Whatever.... :rolleyes:

Why people think driving anything less than the equivalent of horse and carriage is small, I don't know...

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I thought about trying it as a way to force myself to be less antisocial but I realized I would just be really stressed out by it.

Also people barf in ubers

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
That's my dilemma with just about everything social.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I see posts about a car club meetup and I’m like “that sounds fun! For someone else!” Lol.

I’d live in a cabin on a mountain but my wife won’t have it.