Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Downpipe 304SS $179.99 - High Flow Cat $279.99

OP
Depo Racing

Depo Racing

Thread Starter #61
Get the parts you want , add them to the car then get a real dyno tune when you feel you are done, or out of money,lol, thats what is best. Your car is safe with intercooler, downpipe etc, they all come pig rich, you wont blow it up.

Alot of guys with there first car that they are modding want to know, whats the HP gain on this, whats the hp gain on that part etc. The tune is needed to bring out the most from the parts you add. And sometimes adding a bunch of parts does not add to more hp then just adding a few key parts. most cars these days have efficient airboxes, adding a drop int will produce just as much as a intake in many cars on the stock turbo. I made 400whp (480hp) with a KN drop in my evo X and with a stock catback .

Ok that answers my question. So it's OK if the cel (from the down pipe) comes on until I get a tune.

OP
Depo Racing

Depo Racing

Thread Starter #63
Yes its ok, you may be able to trick it with a O2 90 degree or something like that.

I've read somewhere on this forum site when I did my research that it's not good for the car to run the o2 spacers and that it may not work. Rather just deal with cel till I get pro turned. I'll definitely be picking up a downpipe soon.

OP
Depo Racing

Depo Racing

Thread Starter #65
They dont hurt anything, My evo X testpipe comes with a extended bung that eliminates the cel, its just tricking the second sensor into thinking the exhaust is cleaner then it is. If thecel does not bother you , yeah just wait for the tune.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Are your facts still straight? this is cobbs own page, here below, and as I said there AP tunes are on the safe side, please stop putting out misinformation especially in my thread. I just told you what can be had with those 3 mods I listed (downpipe , drop in filter and a boost controller) and a dyno tune, thats it. I dont need to list the cars i've built, I'm here to help members if they want to get more performance and not over spend.

" The ultimate, bolt-on, tuned out of the box upgrade path for your Ford Fiesta ST. Go from stock to street rocket in 4 hours flat. Includes the Accessport V3, Intake, Front Mount Intercooler, Rear Motor Mount, Catted Downpipe and Cat-Back exhaust. Ships with a OEM style COBB chrome badge so you can show the love! The Stage 3 Power Pack produces max gains of +23% HP and +41% TQ using 93 octane fuel."
No need to become riled. I continue to say here that I am sure that you sell fine products. To my knowledge you are one of the only vendors to supply a 100 cel cat. That's awesome for max flow and power.

My facts are straight. All I'm trying to say is that a down pipe alone is not giving anyone huge gains. Yes, you are correct, with a DP, filter, boost controller and tune, a significant gain will be had. But just the DP alone isn't doing much.

Cobb's data from Matt's infamous Fiesta ST; Cobb supplied all the parts for free and used his car to advertise their "staged power packages" back in 2014, surely to much profitability....this was installed and dyno'd at Cobb's facility, 91 octane:

5 numbers below are: (FORD CRANK FIGURES)-----STOCK WHP-----STAGE 1 WHP-----STAGE 2 WHP-----STAGE 3 WHP
HP 197 191 192 210 217
TQ 202 236 256 272 287
HP GAIN - - +1 +18 +7
TQ GAIN - - +20 +16 +15

So you see, just as I said, 7 HP are gained with the addition of a DP, catback, and re-tune.

Their data of course is only one presentation of the facts but it is a good baseline to show the gains had from each stage of bolt-ons and the corresponding (and conservative) Cobb tune.

Again I am sure Depo Racing has provided a fine piece here at an affordable price.

OP
Depo Racing

Depo Racing

Thread Starter #67
Of course DP without a tune is not going to yield big numbers, nothing is going to yield big numbers without a tune. What the facts do say it the biggest jump was when the DP was added. 18+ . 91 octane blows expect 5-7% better gains with 93 octane and10-15 with E85. there are good numbers to be had with just a few parts and a proper tune.

I'm rifled because you are putting out wrong numbers, the +7 hp on the chart you provide is +7 for stage 3 up from the +18hp from stage 2 and the +1 from stage 1. Earlier you said a DP , catback and tune is 7 hp thats completely wrong , that guy got +21hp and gobs of torque on 91 octane.

please clean up your misinformation in the earlier posts.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Of course DP without a tune is not going to yield big numbers, nothing is going to yield big numbers without a tune. What the facts do say it the biggest jump was when the DP was added. 18+ . 91 octane blows expect 5-7% better gains with 93 octane and10-15 with E85. there are good numbers to be had with just a few parts and a proper tune.

I'm rifled because you are putting out wrong numbers, the +7 hp on the chart you provide is +7 for stage 3 up from the +18hp from stage 2 and the +1 from stage 1. Earlier you said a DP , catback and tune is 7 hp thats completely wrong , that guy got +21hp and gobs of torque on 91 octane.

please clean up your misinformation in the earlier posts.
I am sorry I have cluttered your thread. As I have said repeatedly, this appears to be a fine product and people looking for a good downpipe will be hard pressed to find one at a better price.

But I'm pretty positive that the facts say that the DP brings the least gain compared to a basic panel filter/tune or a better FMIC.

Yes I did say DP+catback+stage 3 (FROM STAGE 2) 'refined for downpipe and exhaust' tune brings 7 more HP on Cobb's dyno. That is, 7 HP more than before with a stage 2 setup. My chart shows how things went up incrementally. Everything is laid out clearly on Smoking Tire's various Fiesta ST YouTube videos, they are easy to find and watch. For me this was important when choosing my mod path. If I am only gaining a relative 7 HP for another $1000, is it worth it? However, you are correct - these products and 'power packages' are very pricey and perhaps by piecing one's mods together from various vendors such as yourself, they can find comparable products and save a lot of money. That's what I've done.

But I can see how someone might be confused here by all of this conversation.

Bottom line, two true statements that do not contradict one another:

1. Cobb found +25hp/+50tq going from stock to "stage 3" which includes panel filter, intercooler, down pipe, exhaust, and tune.
2. Cobb found +7hp (that is, 7 out of that 25 total) going from their "stage 2" setup to their "stage 3" setup...this was done by adding a down pipe, exhaust, and refining the tune to accommodate those new mods.

So, I estimate that of that +7 HP gained, 2 was from the DP, 2 from the exhaust, and 3 from a finer tune. But it could be 1/1/5, or 4/1/2, or any other combination. Bottom line is that it was done on the same day, same dyno, same temps, same tuner, same car....only 2 new parts put on the car....the data doesn't lie.

Again my intention here is to help others understand that a down pipe alone is not going to do much. We agree on that. But as people shop for a down pipe, I am sure that my many endorsements and continued support will help gain you new business.

OP
Depo Racing

Depo Racing

Thread Starter #69
Hey at least you got me to participate, haha , I just dont want guys to say hey for 2hp -7 hp not worth it, when the DP is one of the most important parts it get the most out of a tune.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Looking at getting this dp, I have a muffler delete. Looking to get more pop and snarl. Wondering how the fit and finish is compared to other ones?

Hows the catless smell for everyone running these? If its a rare smell I could care less, but I don't want stinky everytime I turn the car on.

You don't smell it when you are driving but if you stop at a light or stand near the car you can smell it for sure. I also have a CFM breather which contributes to the smell.